Chapter 6

Now that we were back at the warehouse. I went over to Christopher, seeing the others around him as well. I saw that he plugged the USB into his laptop, checking the content of which, and trying to figure out what could be so important that the map would want us to find it. 

"This should take a few minutes. It seems there are few precautionary measures I have to bypass." I heard Christopher tell us.

"That's fine. As long as we still get to the bottom of everything."

When I said that everyone looked at me. They seemed to be confused about why I'm in such a hurry. So I guess I couldn't avoid confessing how I felt and wanted any longer.

"Are you okay?" Jasmine asked me.

"Yeah. Truth be told. It's just that I want to go back to the way things were. Before my abilities were manifested."

"Sorry to tell you this. Things won't ever go back to normal. The world is changing. Supers are a part of the new norm. You just gotta adapt to being one." Miguel chimed in and commented.

   Maybe Miguel had a point. Change is inevitable, but it's not easy for me to adapt to this. It's a lot for anyone to take in, learning they had powers and being hunted down.

I didn't want any of this. My life was perfect before all of this went down. But I guess nothing good lasts forever, and when I thought about it adapting to change is a part of growing up.

   "Yeah, I know. It'll just take some time to adapt." 

"Bingo. Guys come over here." We all heard as Christopher had something to show us.

I walked over to where Christopher was. Looking at his computer screen, we saw as the USB had the same files that we gave Syndicate. This was a good thing, it meant that we didn't lose anything, but it also meant whatever we were going to find out so was Syndicate.

   "All these files have a 5 digit code. Maybe it's a hint? Like we should try crossing referencing the codes?" I suggested as I saw the 5 digit codes on the screen. 

   "Smart thinking. Jason. Not a bad idea." Christopher commented "Alright it looks like the one consistent number is 6. Try putting that into the passcode on your phone." Christopher continued to say.

   "Done."

   Typing in the number "6" on the passcode. Another point on the map lit up, showing a new location for us to head to. Seeing this, I showed the others and allowed them to decide if we should continue trusting the map.

   At first when I showed them. Miguel seemed skeptical about following the map again, and I almost didn't blame him. The first time we trusted the map, it led us to a lab where Syndicate found us.

   "What do you think we should do Jason?" Miguel asked.

   "Honestly. I think we should trust the map. But we also need to find a way to stop Syndicate from tracking us."

   I told them as this was something I wanted to see to the very end. I couldn't be scared to face danger head-on. This was something that I needed to trust myself with carrying out. 

   "Now that it's settled. We still need to train you up a bit more. You need to learn how to extend your burst of super speed." Miguel told me.

   "Whatever it takes. Count me in." 

   "Good"

   I took a step back and turned around. Walking back over to the training spot, awaiting Miguel to help train me, and seeing him step forward. It was time to get a better grip on my ability.