Chocolate Croissant

The early morning was something you got used to quickly as you were waking up to something that you loved doing.

You were kneading the dough for the third batch of bread that morning as it was busy as ever. But thankfully since you had to go to school, one of the owners took care of the customers as you helped prepare the food for their partner in the back.

It was a job that you unexpectedly came across but thankful that it fell into your lap. You had learned how to cook at a young age as you were always insistent on being in the kitchen. But you had become more fond of baking and making sweets. Even though your parents were against you getting the job so soon and you still have school studies. You insisted that you would keep your grades up which they eventually allowed you to have the job if you proved it to them.

True to your word you managed to keep your grades up as you worked. The owners of the store only allowed for a few days but that didn't stop you from coming in once every day.

They saw how dedicated you were and they made sure that you also did your homework if you had insisted on being at the shop as much as you did.

Over the summer you managed to learn as much as you could and it also helped you get your mind off of Oikawa.

Despite having a crush on him for so long you were able to focus on what you loved and it was an easy distraction. But that didn't mean that he wouldn't slip in your mind from time to time. Even now, while you cut the dough into even parts and putting them to rest his stupid grin came into mind.

While his grin was on your mind so was the thought of sneaking a glance of him at school crossed your mind.

Then you thought of school and when you went to check the clock on the wall the horror on your face caught the owner's attention.

"Late?"

The sly undertone in their voice and smirk didn't go unnoticed by you as you rushed to take off your apron and rub your hands together to try to get the flour off of them.

They handed you a bag as you rushed out of the back room.

"Maybe this will tide over your teacher," they said with a wink, "Be careful getting to school!"

You had a croissant stuffed in your face that was sitting in the back for a while and you muffled a quick goodbye before busting out of the shop.

The school gates were in eyesight after a five minute run and you ran through them as they were about to shut it.

"You gotta stop doing this, [Y/N]," one of the school faculty members said with a chuckle.

You waved them off as you jogged to the school to swap out shoes. You heard the bell ring in warning that classes were about to start. You reached up to the third floor in record time but still had to run to the opposite side of the hall to reach your class.

So when you were running you noticed that Oikawa was still at his locker. It looked as if he was saying goodbye to a female student, who walked away to get to class.

Oikawa closed his locker door and heard footsteps running up towards him. When he glanced up he saw you running towards him with a bag in hand. He smiled inwardly as he was going to get another gift so early in the morning. As you were about to reach him, he opened his mouth to greet you.

But instead of stopping, you kept running.

You gave Oikawa a weird side glance as you saw him about to say something but you couldn't stop to hear what he would have to say as you were definitely going to be late to class. When you got to the class door that was around the corner, you slid open the door as quick as you could and heard your name being called out for attendance.