Egg Custard

You huffed aggressively at the second batch of cookies that you accidentally burnt that day. The mindset that you were in wasn't in the right space and you were terribly annoyed at everything. Even your bosses were keeping a distance to let you vent out your frustrations and peeked in the kitchen where they heard your frustrations.

"[Y/N], are you going to get that?"

You glanced up at one of your bosses who was pointing at your ringing phone. The look of surprise washed your face as you realized that you hadn't been paying attention to the ringtone this whole time.

"Hello?" You brushed off some flour from your apron as you pressed your phone to your ear as you accepted the call.

"[Y/N]! Why haven't you been answering?"

"Jun!" You rumbled out, "I'm sorry, I've been working on my recipes for the school festival."

"I've been calling you this whole time! But I've been at the volleyball match for our school and we lost," Jun rushed out.

You blinked once.

"Lost?"

Your mind immediately went to Oikawa and how he must be feeling at the moment, "To who?"

"Shiratorizawa."

The feeling in your legs immediately wanted to give out as you let everything weigh on you. There were mentions on how much Oikawa had wanted to beat them and despite everything, you had wished to be there to comfort him.

"I--I don't know what to say," You said quietly, "How's the team handling it?"

Jun looked down from the stands and winces at the defeated looks on their faces, "Not good. I'm going to talk to Iwaizumi. I'll keep you updated."

You end the call and look at the many missed calls from Jun. When you looked up at the burnt cookies you couldn't even get annoyed as you previously were. Your mind was full of worry for Oikawa.

Oikawa looked up at the stands when he stood with his team to thank the crowd that came to support them. But that feeling of emptiness surrounded him as he didn't see the face he had hoped to be in the stands.

He looked at the gym floor with a glare and led his team to the side of the court as they did their cooldown stretches. Iwaizumi was glancing at Oikawa from time to time and didn't want to bother him but kept tabs to make sure he would be okay.

But Oikawa's mind was far from being alright. It was an absolute mess and the one thought that caused it was of [Y/N].

Oikawa felt like he should've been mad at you for causing him to be distracted by what he loved the most. But instead he was more upset with himself. He was upset that he led you on and then went back to an ex that cheated on someone in the first place.

He felt like he shouldn't have dropped his standards so low ..again.

When Oikawa saw Sakusa again during the practice match the week previous, Oikawa gloated in front of him. But when he watched Sakusa give glances to the female on Sakusa's side of the court, he could tell the genuine feelings emitting from the male.

Ari didn't make Oikawa feel the way he felt towards you.

Oikawa couldn't admit that he could be loving to Ari any more and that you had been the sole person to receive those feelings. But Oikawa knew that he messed up.

Every time you would bolt away in the school hallways if he was walking towards you or when you would make sure to leave lunch early if he followed Iwaizumi to talk to Jun. There were even times that Oikawa would do his best to get you somewhere private to talk things out but you slipped through his fingers.