Milk Bread

When it was the day of the school festival you were struggling.

You wanted to make sure everything was perfect for your booth and when you realized that you bit off more than you could chew you slumped in front of the half finished booth in a huff. The sweat tried rolling down your face but you quickly wiped it away and placed your hands over your eyes and took a deep yawn.

It was still pretty early in the morning but you could hear the students inside happily chatting about while setting up decorations for their classrooms. You admitted that you really were excited for this as most of the pastries were finished and in the warmers. But you felt like you weren't going to stand out as you hoped.

You felt a hand place on your head after a few moments of gathering yourself and you instantly jolted up.

Jun stood there smiling at you and offered her hand, "Hey, want some help?"

"Aren't you supposed to help with the decorations inside?" You took her hand and stood in front of her in surprise.

"Eh, they can live without me."

Your heart warmed as you quickly embraced your friend.

"What would I do without you?"

"Probably still be sitting here like a lost puppy."

Her chuckles made you give her a blank look.

The two of you discussed what would happen next and thankfully Jun had a lot of ideas to make things a lot better. You went back to setting things up and Jun was doing a work of art on the chalkboard you were going to be placing in front of the booth.

She had made cute doodles of animals eating pastries while you had your menu stating what would be for sale and at what price.

"[Y/N], that's a lot of sweets for such a cheap price," Jun said when she went back to look at the menu, her voice laced with worry.

You smiled brightly at her, "It's okay! There's a lot of pastries I've made."

Jun looked back at you in alarm.

"Are they finished?"

"Of course!" You placed a heavy bag on the counter once you were done with the booth.

"They should be coming soon so I can get them on the display. But for now I'm going to switch out into an outfit!"

Jun looked into a bag and saw that you had placed an extra outfit in case something happened to the first one.

"I'll take this one!"

"I'm starting to feel like you are trying to get out of the classroom activities the whole day."

You only received a cheeky grin in response.

When the two of you changed you came back out wearing a cute maid outfit that was a base black dress and a white apron on top.

"Going for that classic look, huh?" Jun spun in place as she came out of the restroom.

You straightened out your dress and looked behind to make sure it wasn't tucked into anything that didn't need to be shown, "Of course!"

When you two got back to the booth you saw that your bosses were standing beside the booth with stacks of containers that held your pastries.

"Hey! Goodmorning!" One of your bosses shouted out towards you.

"Goodmorning!"

You ran up to meet with them the rest of the way, "Thank you so much for bringing them!"