Chapter 4

Edward returned that night to the house, his expression grim. He announced that it was time for them to leave. "Why?" Y/N asked, she'd just made this place her home and now it was time to leave it?

"The longer we stay, the more risk we put Bella at," he tried to explain. She didn't want to argue with him, so she didn't. The others tried to reason with him, but not many words were exchanged as they all decided that they leave.

Y/N made her way upstairs when Carlisle regrettably told her to go pack. Cole decided to help, he was still there with Alice even after the incident. Alice stopped him and told him, "Cole...I think you should stay here. I can't tear you away from your life here, this is your home."

He shook his head and told her, "Alice, I can't just stay here while you leave."

Y/N mumbled, "I'll let you two talk." Jasper followed her to her room where she was packing her things, rather angrily.

"Y/N," he tried. She continued packing, moving clothes into a bag before heading to grab a separate bag for her magical items. He walked up behind her and stopped her movements, grabbing her arm gently. She turned around to face him and he told her, "Calm down. What's bothering you?"

She sighed and plopped on the bed, "Jazz, I just made this place my home. How am I supposed to leave it?" He nodded, understanding her problem and kneeling in front of her, "I get it, I do. The life you've led, moving from place to place constantly and then finally getting a chance at a steady home and it being taken from you."

She nodded and he grabbed her hands in his, "We wouldn't be gone forever. We can't stay here, but...maybe we could go somewhere else. Think of it as an extended vacation. We can go anywhere you want."

"I want to stay here," she told him stubbornly. He chuckled a little and said, "I know. But is there anywhere you'd want to go?"

She shrugged and thought. Her attention was pulled to an idea she had thought of a little while ago and bit her bottom lip. "There is something," she started.

"Where?" He asked, eager to find someplace to please her.

She shrugged, "Well, I was thinking we could visit someplace. I wanted to meet other witches to be able to learn more of my magic, study more, have connections."

"Do you know anyplace?" He questioned, moving to sit on the bed next to her. She shrugged, "Witches are scattered all over the world and covens come far and few. I was thinking we find a place where there was a coven. A coven could definitely teach magic."

She grabbed her book from her bag and said, "There's a spell to be able to locate witch covens, I was thinking we could use it. I know there aren't any in Salem, people think it's full of the, but there are definitely no witches in Salem unless they have a death wish. The Volturi go there annually in search of witches, apparently, to make sure they don't try to return there since it technically used to be home of the witches."

"Where else are there?" He asked.

She opened her grimoire and flicked her wand to find the spell. She pointed to it and pulled her map out of her drawer, spreading it over her bed. She muttered the spell to herself, laying her wand on top of the map. She waited for a moment for the spell to take affect and the tip of it started spinning around the map as it searched for covens.

It pointed to one in Louisiana and she shrugged, "Guess that makes sense."

She folded the map and told Jasper, "I guess we're going to New Orleans."

He smiled, "Sounds like a plan. I'll go get my things and then finish helping you pack." She nodded and turned back to her things as Jasper disappeared from the room.