Chapter 7

By the end of the week, they did end up in a house. It was nice and considerably closer to the witch residence than the hotel. Each of them had their own rooms, but Y/N and Jasper slept in one room, same for Cole and Alice.

Y/N was getting up one morning, putting something together for breakfast, when there was a knock on the door. She turned to it, confused at first, but walked over. Opening the door, she was surprised to see Mariah, Eileen, and Celene at her door, each with their familiars perched on their shoulders. Celene offered a big and happy smile, Eileen a more casual one, and Mariah no smile at all. She wasn't hostile toward Y/N, so she brushed it off.

"Hey, Y/N! Mother Romina told us to tell you that you could have the day off and asked if we could properly show you around the city. So, here we are," Celene exclaimed.

Y/N smiled, already used to Celene's enthusiasm. She spoke, "That sounds like a great idea. Can the others come along?"

Mariah spoke this time, "They can come."

"Mother Romina also has a gift for them," Eileen added, "And the rest of your coven." Y/N was a little wary at that, but Eileen caught it and reassured her, "Don't worry, we may be witches, but we aren't devious."

Y/N let them inside, closing the door behind them. Jasper came downstairs, Alice and Cole in tow as if they were some sort of heard. Alice greeted them, she'd grown found on Celene pretty quickly. "Hi, how are you this morning?"

The witches greeted them back and Mariah dug in her back, pulling out a few boxes. She handed three small boxes to each of them and said, "These were made by Mother."

Alice, Cole, and Jasper grabbed the boxes and slowly opened them, curious as to what was inside, but still cautious of the witch's gifts. Cole opened his first, seeing a ring placed inside. "I'm flattered, really, but I'm with Alice," he joked.

Eileen rolled her eyes with a smile as she stroked her cat, "No. Wear them to keep the sun from turning you into diamonds. You can go out and about whenever."

Alice smiled, "Thank you, this is wonderful!" She slipped it on her finger and said, "It's really pretty."

Celene smiled, "I helped pick out some of the jewels for them. I'm glad you like it." They hugged and Y/N chuckled lightly at her friend's adorableness. Mariah asked, "Have you eaten yet? We were going to go to Café du Monde."

Y/N nodded, "I was going to make breakfast, but that sounds great. Alice, Cole, Jazz, you wanna come?"

Cole said, "Actually, we were also going to go around town today, get some fresh air." Y/N nodded and Jasper spoke, "Course, I'll come. It'd be good to properly see New Orleans."

Eileen smiled, "Great. We'll go ahead and go now. We'll be waiting outside, if you need us." They headed outside and Y/N finished getting ready before heading back over to them. Alice and Cole left and Jasper and Y/N went with the witches to the café.

"So, how long have you been with Mother?" Y/N asked, she'd gotten used to calling her 'Mother' like everyone else. They didn't seem to notice much, used to calling her that. Eileen spoke, "Well, Celee and I found her at the same time. The town we lived in was small and both our parents were witches, they preferred to live closer together for protection purposes."

"One day, our town was attacked by a couple vampires and our parents were killed," Celene continued, "We were eleven at the time. The witch leaders of each place like to keep tabs on the covens spread here and there and when word spread about the attack, Mother Romina visited to see if any of the witches survived. She took us in and we've been living with her and those other witches ever since. Cami chose me not to long after."