Chapter 11

After a short while, the witches came out of the room. Eileen spoke, "She's resting, the spell took a lot out of her and she needs to regain her strength."

Mariah added, "I'd move her and Freya some place comfortable, she should sleep till noon tomorrow."

Celene nodded, "But you can see her now."

"Thank you," Esme thanked them. Jasper was in the room first, grabbing her hand as he looked over her. She looked better already, her lips no longer chapped, her eyes back to normal. He sighed at the sound of her heartbeat, it was normal and calm and everything seemed to be okay.

The others came in as well, relieved to see her better. Freya woke up, glued to Y/N's side as she stayed unwilling to leave her.

Jasper moved her to her room so she could rest and the others gathered in the living room once again. "I just don't get it," Carlisle spoke, "How could she be attacked by wolves? Wouldn't they still be in Forks?"

"You have wolves in Forks, Washington?" Celene asked.

Mariah shrugged, "The werewolves are near extinction. We keep tabs on the packs all over the states so we know who's where. We haven't heard of any in Washington."

Romina shook her head, "There shouldn't be. I get reports from any witch near that area, there's no werewolf activity. There are supposed to be shapeshifters there, though. Maybe that's what it is."

"Shapeshifters?" Emmett questioned.

"Over the years, the werewolves began to die out. The witches first created them to keep the vampire population from exploding. So, with a little magic, some of the witches were able to use some of that DNA to create shapeshifters. Instead of being infected by a bite or scratch, it would be a genetic trait to keep some sort of guardian for the humans," Romina explained.

"We thought they were werewolves," Rosalie pointed out.

Mariah shrugged, "Not surprised."

"They usually are wolves. They could be any other animal, but they usually choose wolves," Eileen said.

"The shifters were created by tribal witches, so most of the gene is among the old tribes," Celene added.

Carlisle spoke, "Well, I learned something new today."

"Yeah, no kidding," Cole muttered.

Romina spoke more seriously, "Be careful with the wolves here. Their venom is lethal for both witches and vampires. They won't hesitate to kill you, it's their instinct."

Carlisle nodded, "We'll be careful. Thank you, Romina, for saving Y/N. We are deeply grateful."

She nodded, "She's a part of my coven, too. I don't want anything to happen to a fellow witch of mine."

Jasper stayed with Y/N all night, not bothering to leave the room for anything else. He wouldn't leave until she woke up, and they all were certain of it. He was left in peace to wait for Y/N.

~

Y/N woke up the next afternoon, her eyes still closed as she slowly came to terms with being awake. Her eyes fluttered open, searching her surroundings.

When she saw Jasper, she sat up quickly. He cooed her, "Hey, calm down. It's okay."

He had her sit back and calming her, "You're safe, we're back at the house."

She caught her breath as she asked, "What happened? How are we back here?"

He asked, "How much do you remember?"