𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
a word meaning "autumnal melancholy" ❞
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

[15th September 2023] Fast-forwarded

While I was tidying the kitchen counter and placing the food trays on the kitchen counter, Jun-seo came to me and hugged my legs, making me unable to move.

"Jun-seo, eomma has to prepare food first. Play with Jun-ha first," I said to Jun-seo. Instead of letting go of my legs, Jun-seo cried while hugging my legs.

Jungkook came into the kitchen and carried Jun-seo who was hugging my legs. Jun-seo sobbed on his shoulder. I don't know why Jun-seo was so cranky today.

"Aigoo, why are you like this on your birthday? Baby boy can't cry on his birthday," Jungkook teased Jun-seo. Jun-seo put his head on Jungkook's shoulder. I sighed and shook my head.

"Aren't you done yet? You need to get ready too," Jin said as he entered the kitchen.

"Jamsi manyo. Just a few more minutes," I said.

"Ah, Mia. I'm gonna do the rest. You go and get ready," Jin said.

"Aniya. I can do it," I shook my head.

"No. No. Go and get ready," Jin said while tapping my shoulder. I look at the kitchen counter and think.

"No need to think. I know what to do. You go and get ready," Jin said.

"Ah, gomapda. I'll go now," I said before walking out of the kitchen.

I walked quickly to the bedroom and entered the bathroom to wash up. The whole morning, I've been preparing a lot for the twins' birthday party.

Today, the twins are officially one year old and they are growing up so fast. It's been a year since I gave birth to them. I know. Time flies too fast. That's what I always say.

Jun-seo and Jun-ha can already walk unassisted and that's what makes me frustrated most of the time right now. They are so clingy.

Whenever I bring them with me to work, they will be with me around and hugging my legs. When I have a rehearsal for the concert, they will be cranky and will ask to be carried while I have a rehearsal.

Sometimes, I wanted to give up and just leave them in the dressing room, hotel, or Seoul. But thinking back, they are my sons. Can't let them go too.

We came up with a decision that we will only make the twins' birthday celebration at my apartment. We just want to gather and eat together. We want it to be moderate and memorable.

Around 30 minutes of getting ready, I get out of the bedroom and head towards the living room. Hwasa had already arrived when I came into the living room.

"Eunnie," I greeted her with a smile when I saw her talking to Namjoon. She immediately turned to me and grinned widely.

"Annyeong, Mia," she replied. I walked to her and hugged her.

"How are you? It's been a few months. You look as if you've lost weight," she said. I smiled.

"A little bit. Started working out a little bit and control my diet during this concert tour," I told her.

"She's really controlling what she eats," Namjoon said. I chuckled.

"Don't be too controlling on your diet. You'll be malnutrition. Don't look thin but pale. Be yourself," she said. I smiled and nodded.

"I need to go to the kitchen first. You two continue talking," I said. Hwasa gave me a nod before I leave both of them to talk.

MAMAMOO disbanded on June 14, 2023. It was the end of their contract. Hwasa continued becoming a solo artist. The same with Moonbyul.