Chapter 5

(Sorry for the long wait but chapter 5 is finally here! I also now got a discord set up for you to join. There you can chat with me directly and get the latest updates on the stories. There's even a QnA section for yall! The code is https://discord.gg/KmbNWbVuRP Also be sure to follow me on Wattpad to be notified when i update or post messages :D)

Sweat dripped off Tubbo's forehead as the unusually warm fall sun bared down on his small frame. The scent of freshly mowed grass was nearly overbearing as he pushed the mower across the massive backyard. It had been two hours since Tubbo and Tommy got to work on cutting the grass and pulling weeds, but they hardly made a dent. Though at least they could take turns on the riding mower, and to no one's surprise Tommy was soaking up all the fun it had to offer.

"DIEEEE WEEEEDS!!!" Tommy's war cry reached Tubbo's ears and he glanced over to see his blonde friend running over a particularly large area of weeds. The brunette laughed softly and wished Tommy could give him some of that energy. Tubbo took a moment to gulp down some lukewarm water, as the sun had sapped away all the coldness it once had.

"Hey Tommy! I'm going to get some more water! Want any?" Tubbo cupped his mouth to project his voice after he had turned off the push mower he was using. The child man turned his head and gave Tubbo a big thumb up, which Tubbo then mirrored.

Happy to take a little break from the unusual heat, Tubbo jogged back into the house through the back door that lead directly into the kitchen. Though he froze for a moment when he saw the fridge door open for him and two water bottles floated in the air towards him. He took them and murmured a small thank you before he started to hurry back to Tommy. Ever since he and Tommy had communicated with Wilbur early that morning the ghosts had been doing little things to help. When Tommy had ran out of toilet paper one came floating to him out of nowhere, and when Tubbo went to make his morning tea the kettle pot was already set out for him and boiling.

Though as creepy as it was it was also just really cool and epic. Tubbo didn't think anyone could say they had three ghosts helping around the house every day. Though for Phil, it was just nice to be able to act like a dad again and actually do something for someone else. He especially doted on Tommy who he felt like was a mini him. The same blonde hair and blue eyes; put them next to each other and anyone would think they were father and son. It was making Techno and Wilbur a little jealous but neither of them would admit to that. Besides, they were too fond of the kid themselves to be too upset... again neither of them would admit that.

"Oh Wilbur, I placed an amazon order for those guitar strings you asked for. They should be here in a week or so." Tubbo paused for a moment as he remembered to tell Wilbur the news. Unconsciously he waited for a reply before realizing he wouldn't get one and awkwardly left the kitchen. It was definitely going to take some time to get used to the idea of ghosts being real and having them around. Just as Tubbo opened the back-door Tommy ran into him, making a smack as their head collided, and caused Tubbo to stumble back a bit

"Ow! What the heck Tommy?" Tubbo rubbed his sore forehead and realized the impact had caused him to drop the water bottles. He quickly bent down to pick the bottle up as Tommy gasped for breath, as if he had ran the whole way there.

"THERE'S A DEAD FOX!" Tommy hardly gave Tubbo time to process his words before he gushed out more, "I nearly ran over it, and it was so small! It was in the middle of all those super tall weeds- Tubbo what do we do?!" Tommy was obviously freaked out and Tubbo didn't know what to say.

"Uhhhh I guess we get some gloves and bury it? We can't leave it in the yard..." Tubbo certainly didn't want to deal with a dead animal, it was always a sad sight to see. 'Wait, are there ghost animals?' Tubbo wondered as Tommy groaned, sharing Tubbo's discomfort.