.CHAPTER 1.

Udaipur Palace The palace was dressed as a bride for the King and Queen were returning after 2 months from their visit to America

Udaipur Palace
The palace was dressed as a bride for the King and Queen were returning after 2 months from their visit to America.

"Hukum! All the arrangements are done, please check if anything else is needed

"Hukum! All the arrangements are done, please check if anything else is needed."

"Karan, I am not your hukum, Hukum to Papa hi hai, don't forget, I am not the king."

"But you are also our crown prince"

"Then call me Yuvraj. And I already looked around everything; I put my trust in you and as always you proved I could rely on you, now come on. Papa and Maa must be on their way"

"Jii Yuvraj" Karan, the head butler bowed down and followed his prince towards the entrance of the grand palace.

'Raja Saheb or Rani Maa ki jai ho' loud chants started echoing on the streets which made their way to the palace and brought a smile on the young prince's face.

All his life he had admired his parents, the king and queen of Rajasthan, how they had maintained their businesses and worked for the welfare of their people. India is a democratic country, and yet the royal Pratap family was respected just like their ancestors were. Viraat had worked hard since his childhood to maintain the prestige of his family and estate. He came into politics to have an actual say in the government and became the youngest Governor of Rajasthan along with being a crown Prince.
All his life he was surrounded by people who wanted to bring his family down and he learnt to fend them off, and somewhere among all the negativity, he lost the heart to trust others. He knew he would be a just ruler, but trusting or loving someone other than his family was out of the question. He had always been away from relationships or flings. He was a very possessive man. A man who would cut off the hands of anyone who touched something belonging to him and he knew he wanted a life partner who would belong to him and him only. From his childhood he was taught that to become a good ruler you have to be fair, so, he knew if he demanded something from his wife, he would give her the same satisfaction. He kept himself away from everything, not even a fling, for he never found a girl who would love him for what he was, but always for his title, and he wanted to bring someone loyal into the family, who would be able to manage him as well as the people of his estate with love and kindness, just like his mother has been doing all these years.