Chapter 4

Mari's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette sat on her bed scrolling through tiktok. She knew she should be getting ready for school but she really didn't care. As she scrolled through the seemingly endless line of art videos she couldn't help but think about the beautiful fencer. She couldn't believe that she had the guts to ask her out. To think that the same girl who could hardly form words around Adrian asked a girl out was mind boggling.

Marinette smiled at the thought that later today she would be taking Kagami on a special little date. She's always wanted to go on a date in this specific spot but she's never been able to until now.

Marinette turned off her phone and walked downstairs into the kitchen. She was about to make her lunch when she heard knocking coming from the bakery. She walked into the bakery and saw Kahami standing outside the bakery door.

Marinette ran over and opened it up. She felt instantly embarrassed because she was still in her pajamas. "Hi, Kagami. What are you doing here??"

Kagami smiled and said "I couldn't wait to see you and since I knew you were awake so decided to say hi. Also I kinda wanted food"

Marinette stepped forward and hugged Kagami. She couldn't help herself. She was so happy that she could see her. This was definitely the serotonin boost she needed to start her day.

She looked up at Kagami and smiled saying softly "I'm glad you came. I'll make some breakfast and we can talk."

Kagami blushed and smiled saying "Okay" as she followed the bluenette to the kitchen.

Together the two made eggs and toast. Kagami wasn't very hungry because she already had breakfast but she wasn't about to turn down a meal from her crush. Afterwards the two ate some donuts and talked while Marinette got ready for school.

Kagami looked down at her watch "Crap! My school starts in 30 minutes I gotta go!"

Marinette grabbed a bag filled with muffins and gave them to Kagami and patted her on the head. "Here we made too many yesterday"

Kagami blushed and hugged Marinette goodbye as she left.

"I see you've evolved from Adrian to Kagami." Marinette quickly turned around to see her mother smiling at her.

Marinette's face grew red as she stuttered "Pfft me and Kagami?? I'm not gay...."

Her mother walked over and hugged her and said "Its okay I will always love you no matter what"

Marinette began to cry in her mother's arms. She was so lucky to have a parent who accepted her. She couldn't stop thinking of all those kids who had parents who abused or disowned them because they were a part of the lgbtqia community.

The two separated and Marinettte said "I have a date after school so I better finish up getting ready for school."

Her mother smiled and said "Have a fantastic day at school. Don't forget to sweep her off her feet"

Marinette smiled and grabbed her backpack as she exited the bakery for her short walk to school.