Nine: First Night Drama.

Unedited.

I couldn't talk to Nura last night because my friends all slept in my room and the last thing I want is for any of them to eavesdrop on my conversation with him, I'd be ruined.

"Your make up artist is here" Mufida says pulling me.
"Okay, let me wash my face real quick, I'll join you".

"Make sure you do" she walks out.
I enter the bathroom and immediately call Nura.

"I kept calling but you didn't pick up" he says worriedly when he picks up.
"I know. I've been busy"

"I can't believe you're getting married. That's it" he says sadly.
"Yeah and you better let it sink in, okay?"

He huffs "I'll try but it won't be easy"
"Yeah yeah. I have to go do my makeup. Let's talk next week"
"You're funny"

"Yeah, let's talk later".
I end the call and come out of the bathroom before going back in again to rinse my face.

::

It felt really weird.
Walking into my wedding hall with Rahim next to me as my groom.

The music completely fades out and all I can hear is my thoughts.
People taking videos, pictures, dancing. I could feel reality slowly sipping in.

I'm getting married, to Rahim. That's it, I'm leaving my parent's house, I can't depend on Salis to cook when I'm hungry and I can't forcefully collect Sanusi's shirt.

I turn around and look at Rahim. He looked a bit zoned out too, probably feeling the same way I do right now.

During the Kamu, Daurin Aure and bridal shower none of it actually made me actually realize the change, not until right this moment.

We finally get to our seat and sit, side by side, as bride and groom, husband and wife.

"I'm nervous too" Rahim whispers.
I turn around and look at him, it was as clear as day, he's nervous about all this too.
"But don't let it bother you, just enjoy this moment" he says back.

I nod and smile.
Raising my head to look at everyone as the music started to fill my ears.

"It's loud" I tell him.
"You must have really zoned out"

"I did" I laugh.

::

The first thing I think of the moment I stepped inside my house is the time I actually change the way my mum arranged this living room.

It's not my style and I know it's definitely not Rahim's either.

I don't know why, since Rahim told me to enjoy my moment I've been awfully calm and cool about everything, I just hope I don't lose my cool.

Rahim stopped my friends and his from bringing us home, he said the last thing he needed was women shouting and flirting with his friends.

"I'll go get some water" he says making his way in.

The guy couldn't even show me around, it's not like I've ever been to the house before. So I thankfully make my way to the right room and didn't end up getting lost.

I lie down, tired.
The dress is extremely itchy and uncomfortable so I got up and took it off, now standing only in my underskirt and bra.

I ransack my bathroom closet and get some fresh towels and quickly get in the shower.

Not only was the dress itchy, it was also very hot and heavy. I think the only thing that could have made it better is if there was an air con inside it.

Immediately that hot water touched my skin, I release a heavy breath. It felt so good, at this pace I'll take my bath for hours.

I turn and look at the bathroom door, open completely, I know this isn't my parent's house anymore that I can't just leave the door open but it's mine and I'm in my bathroom so why do I need to worry about anything else.

"Why are you so disorganised?" I hear Rahim's voice behind me.

I abruptly spin almost falling but thankfully holding onto the shower curtain.

The unfortunate thing is, I have foam all over my face so I can't open my eyes, not unless I want to hurt my eyes.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask.
"Look at your room already Rayhanah"

I quickly rinse my face. It's like this guy is blind, can't he see what I'm doing?

"Is now really the time to ask that?!!"
"When then?"

"When I'm not naked in the shower??!!!".
"Oh" he says finally realizing the situation.

He smiles, smugly "What's the point of feeling so invaded, this is just the pre-show before the main one".

I gasp, lost for words "Show?! You're still here?"

"I'm thinking if I should brush my teeth here or not"

My mouth drops. Am I really married to Rahim? Or is this someone else?

Unfortunately for me the towel was at the other end of the bathroom, I look around to see if there's an object I can throw at him without actually hurting him.

I decide on the soap, I pick it up, immediately he sees it he runs out but I throw it anyway, hitting him on his buttocks.

I smile.
"Seriously?"
"Stop invading my privacy".

"Then clean up your room" he walks out.

My smile disappears.
Rahim and I?

The rest of my hot bath felt miserable, so many thoughts.

I walk out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped around my chest. "This is crazy" I whisper.

Rahim's POV.

Believe it or not I stupidly left my charger in Ya Khalil's car. So I decided to go get Rayhanah's instead.

But behold!
The girl had already made a mess of her room and if she and I are going to live peacefully then she needs to learn how to live like a normal human being.

I enter the bathroom not even thinking twice. "Why are you so disorganised?" I ask.

She spins, almost falling but thankfully finds a way to maintain her balance and that's when it hit me.

She's naked.
I've seen her in shorts, swim suits, vests and alot more but never NAKED.
I could feel my heart starting to beat faster.

So I try my very best to focus on her face only, I should leave but for the first time in my life my legs wouldn't move, I stood there like a pervert trying my best not to make it awkward as I said the most stupid things.

It felt like I was locked up in my consciousness, I couldn't move or control the words I was spitting out.

But the next thing I knew I was running out but the soap hit me anyway, so much for dodging it swiftly.

I finally walk out.
Thinking about what just happened, replaying it over and over again.

But now I've realised that I intentionally entered the bathroom, it crossed my mind but before I could think with my mind, my heart decided on it and I ended up making Rayhanah feel creeped out because I know I will.

::