Fifteen: Awkward.

I set the table after I made Rahim's favourite food and no it's not Pounded yam, just cause I have 3 brothers doesn't mean I'm physically capable of pounding yam. I'm weaker than a 9year old.

Instead of Sanusi going back and forth, I told him to just stay with me until he's tired. ASUU decided to go on another strike so he'll be here for a while.

Sanusi has always been the helper, he's a horrible cook but he helps you when you're cooking, Ya Salis is the chef, Ya Nabil is the solo man, he always hooks us up with midnight food and I am the last resort, when we get caught I am the one who is sent to convince our dad so everyone has his role.

"Can you serve the soup? I want to get my phone from my room".
"Ait" he says walking back.

I run upstairs and thankfully answer the call before it rings out.

"Don't tell me you're cancelling"
"No. I'm just dropping off Ya Khalil but I'm coming over with a guest"

"Okay, should I serve you and your guest differently?"
"No need, we can eat together with you and Sanusi"

"Okay. See you when you get back"
"Alright"
He ends the call.

I feel my relationship with Rahim isn't the romantic type but the friend's-like type. It doesn't really matter to me which one it is as long as we're good.

::

I hurry out and freeze.
"What are you doing?" Sanusi asks walking out "Why are you standing—" he stays quiet when he sees Nura standing beside Rahim.

"Why is he here?" he whispers. I shake my head and slowly walk over to them.

Rahim hugs me slightly "Why did the excitement vanish, you weren't expecting Nura?" he asks smiling.

I turn and look at Nura who was already conversing with Sanusi.

"It's just surprising to see him here".
"I know, his wife travelled and I thought maybe he should come over for a proper meal".

"It's fine, let's go in".

::

I sit on my bed thinking about lunch with Nura, it was crazy awkward. He was too cautious of the things he said and he barely looked at me.

Ignoring or avoiding me is highly suspicious because everyone knows we were close, only a few knew we dated, Rahim excluded.

"What are you thinking about?"

I didn't even notice when Rahim sat beside me on my bed.
"Nothing" I fake a smile.

He smiles "Your cooking was impressive, you should thank me for letting you learn".

"Yes, I'm very very thankful" I say sarcastically.

He laughs "You're smiling but you're not happy, what's going on?"

"Uh nothing of course".

He huffs "I know we weren't so close as friends but I want to change that now? If it's possible more of friends than a couple because it's still kinda weird" he smiles awkwardly.

"I know" I pout.
"So? Are you going to tell me about how you and Nura dated? Or were together until earlier this week?"

I gasp, shocked to the core.
"I know you've been in contact even after our wedding".

I just stare at him "Khaliq told me that you dated and were still dating back then, but I cornered Nura when we met at Ya Khalil's house the moment we got back".

"Ahh" I say nervously.
"I'm not judging especially because I know you ended it which I am immensely greatful for".

"So you don't mind that I hid it from you?"

"I am aware I'm not an easy person to talk to so doing this is new and difficult for me".
"Yes it sounds unlike you".

"I have a confession of my own too".

I raise my eyebrows waiting.
"Khameelah and I dated".

I gasp "What?!"
"Yes I know. We broke up just a month after Khaliq's death, we both agreed to it".

I was so surprised to hear that the two dated, imagine how awkward it would have been if I had told her I had a little more feelings for Rahim and they weren't just those kind of friendship feelings.

"Wow" I exclaim.
"I know right" he says back embarrassed. "I'm also sorry for what I said that day, you were always a great friend and I loved your company".

"It hurt and not because its true or not but because you did it to intentionally hurt me".

"So—That was why you decide to hurt me too?"

I nod "But I had already found out you were the one who instigated Khaliq to talk to me in the first place and you're the one always telling him what I was going through and that was why he was always there for me".

"How did you know?" Khalil told me the day we got married.

"Makes sense, you're the type that works with action more than words, no wonder you were linient towards me".

I nod. "Now that everything is settled and I can cook, it means I can go back to work" I jump excitedly.

"Nope, we never made a deal".

"What?" I ask staring down at him.
"Yes. Being a house wife isn't so bad, right?"

"It is".
"It's not, I know you confessed it to Sanusi".

"I can't believe my own brother is my Husband's snitch" I say unbelievably.

He smiles "He's a smart boy".
"If he heard you call him a boy your friendship will be over and he'll be back on my side".

He shakes his head "Nahhh".

"Housewife?" I whisper to myself.
He stands and holds my hand "It'll be great, believe me".

I nod "I really hope I don't suffer for this decision".

"You won't" he hugs me "By the way did you eat all my snickers?" he asks me pulling away.

I pick up my veil and jog out before he can make a move "I'll go get some".

.
.
.
.

I know unlike my other books this is short but I really hope you enjoyed it.

I apologise for the typos through out the book but I didn't have time to edit the chapters but I'll try to do so now that I have published the whole book.