4 ᬄ͙͘˚

Reminder to respect people's friendships and sexualities !

2432 words

warnings-descriptions of blood and smells, drinking, language
buckle up, this is a wild chapter

━━━៸៸ ᯭ⌗

George let out a noise that could be described as a mix of a laugh and hiccup. It wasn't either, the end of his giggle mixed with a surprised sound that had managed to bubble in his throat and it came out as a sharp gasp.

He turned his head towards it. The edge of his jaw meeting the icy back of a lightly tanned hand. His brown orbs flicked up to the partially masked face of Clay who was looking down, not at the other but the cup in his hand.

"Are you drinking?"

The slight anger in his voice made George recoil. The legs that were pulled to his chest moving to the ground and he held his arms closer to his sides. His overflowing cup sloshed around and onto the navy shirt. He hissed slightly muttering a curse. The cold liquid bitter acid to his warm skin. Pulling the fabric away from his skin softly, fisting the material in his right palm while the left held his drink.

"Ssort of," His words slurring.

It was obvious enough. And the taller dragged his lip between his teeth worriedly. Hopping over the couch and lading next to him with a small squeak from the cushions. Clay snatched the cup from his hands, sniffing the blue-ish liquid with a scrunched face before throwing it into the plant vase that had accumulated cracked, green stems broken from rowdy teenagers. He felt a bit bad for the poor thing.

"What is wrong with you," He said with a huff, not meaning it literally but he did sound a bit like the older parent personality he obtained. Looking to the pink stained face of his friend who held a confused look and then a dorky smile.

"Whatsss, wrong with youu-" George retorted, his head leaning towards the side a bit, shoulder coming up against the couch. His eyes were open normally but his pupils seemed to fuzz out against chocolate brown eyes. His normal sweet attitude was stifled by intoxication. His hand reached down to grab something, anything to fill the hand that had been emptied by his drink being taken. He settled on the couch cushions corner, leaning forward slightly.

Clay was now faced with a wasted George and had no clue how to handle this situation. He had had issues like his with girls before but those were easier because usually, he had been dating them. This was different. This was his best friend and he didn't know how he was supposed to handle the situation.

"George."

"Clay."

Shit.

That small smile as the brunette looked back up at him, laughing as he knew he struck a nerve. He usually wouldn't make him mad on purpose but the alcohol in his system made his balance of what to say and what not to say around the other was lateral and sloshing harder than the drink he had. Not that simply saying his name would anger him rather the way he said it. Clay's stomach did flip flops with the look he gave him and he took a deep breath.

George leaned back against the couch instead. Maybe Clay had been a little too obvious but either way, he needed to not lean over if he didn't want to throw up. Huffing as his face settled back into a pout, glancing over at the dirty blonde. He took in his appearance again. The drunken state made him forget even who he was for a second but the distinct white half-face-mask that he wore grew a sense of familiarity. Pale blue ripped jeans, the slight bagginess at the sleeves of a black t-shirt that cut at a V, and showed off tan collarbones. Up to his neck to the lips that now showed with a mask dangling to the side. The wisps of faded forest green on the underside of his hair. Residue of a dyed green undercut he used to have.