i.

•conflicted•

consider voting on this chapter!▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you had just got in yet another argument with your parents. all because you got a B in one of your classes at school.

B

ONE CLASS

to them it was the end of the world, to you it was a letter on a piece of paper that meant nothing. why does it concern them anyways? they aren't the ones going to school everyday learning useless information.

you were sick of the way you were getting treated in the house so you've decided you were going to runaway and so you began packing a bag. the plan was to skip town as soon as possible and move to the states.

america the country where people were free, or so you were told. maybe you could live the american dream.

but you don't have a suitcase because you've never traveled. getting the next best thing; a backpack. you packed it with a few outfits.

'that'll last...a week and a half, maybe'

you'd be long out of town by then. at least you hope so.

scanning your eyes around your room you grabbed a few items you needed. your wallet, headphones, phone, and a charger.

'let's see...¥98,66.89' (95$ USD)

closing your wallet after counting your money you slung the backpack over your shoulder and slipped on a (f/c) hoodie and your shoes.

looking at your phone time it read:
10:25pm

your parents were asleep by now so you knew it would be easy to sneak out. silently opening your bedroom door and shutting it behind you, you made your way to the stairs.

passing your parent's room you saw that their door was slightly open. peaking in you looked at their sleeping figures on the bed rolled your eyes before heading down the stairs as quietly as possible.

it was raining outside, but not too hard. just lightly. putting on your hoodie and plugging in your headphones you turned on some music to tune out the sound of passing cars and the falling rain.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you made it to the main part of the city rather quickly. it was still raining your hair was damp, but you didn't care.

it's most likely safer for you to be around all of these people. sure there weren't as many people as there would be earlier in the day but it's only 11 pm.

looking down at your feet while walking you were thinking about where you would go and how you'd get there. ¥98 wasn't enough for a taxi out of the city so you'd most likely have to walk or get more money.

it's also only a matter of time before your parents find out you left and report it to the police. if they do.

'okay, i gotta get somewhere fast.'

looking up from your feet you were about to turn the corner before you were knocked back into the floor. "ow, what the hell!?" you exclaimed while rubbing your shoulder.

"i'm sorry, let me hel-" you swatted the stranger's hand away without looking at them and mumbled a quick no thanks. before continuing on your way.

the rain had finally stopped and the streets were getting quieter. people were leaving their jobs to head home no doubt most of them lived in nice houses. you saw businessmen getting in their Mercedes' and here you were soaked walking in the cold rain.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you were still soaked from the rain but it had been a few minutes since it stopped. you were close to some suburban neighborhood. every house on the block was huge.

maybe you could stay here, it's safe, far from your parents and it would only be temporary. you just can't get caught.

walking down the dimly lit neighborhood you looked at the houses and for signs that nobody was home. most houses had cars parked in front of them except for one.

it was big, bigger than the other houses. 'there's probably security cameras somewhere.' you thought as you cautiously stepped towards the house. you squinted and looked around for cameras and you didn't see any.

'great, so how do i get in?'

you figured there might be an open or unlocked window, well you hoped there was.