Chapter 43: Humaira!

Melvin staggered a little. His vision became blurry as he managed to hold the wall beside him.

Humaira quickly threw away the head of the bottle she was still holding. She just wanted him to stop, not to die. She rushed to him immediately, but to her astonishment, he fell to the ground with blood gushing out of his mouth. Humaira was scared. He might not be able to make it.
'What have I done? What should I do? Who should I call?' She asked herself in confusion.

Humaira grabbed his head but Melvin was trying to say something. He was convulsing, incoherently. Like he wanted to say 'I-love-you' or something.
"Shhhh... Don't say anything." She muttered in fear as she cried even harder.
She stood up and manage to hold him from behind at both arms. She drew his bloody body towards the door. She wanted to call a tab and rush him to the hospital for quick treatment but he seemed to be bleeding even faster.

"Taxi! Taxi!!" She quickly stopped a taxi driver outside the building. Thank God his seats were empty so, he would be able to take them to the hospital without any complain it delay.

The driver seemed to be an elderly man in his late fifties but he looked so healthy and hale, that he rushed out to help her. He carried Melvin with one grip and placed him into the back seat.

No! Don't yet leave! I need to take my hijab!" Humaira begged the driver. So, he decided to wait a bit. Humaira's eyes were shaky. Her heart and body too were shivering. Everything happened so fast. Who would have ever imagined that something this terrible would happen?

Humaira grabbed her hijab from the room ran out like a crazy cat. She was so confused. Tears were pouring out if her eyes, she couldn't even think straight. She would have called Mrs. Bridget buy she didn't want to disturb her. She would be in town tomorrow anyways, so why would I call her now?

'Oh God?! Please save Melvin. I don't want to become a murderer... You know my intentions oh Lord. Please save me.' She cried as the driver rode through the busy road.

It was just 8:30 pm.

People were still outside and there were bright lights everywhere. Finally, the got to the hospital. A set of nurses rushed him into a male ward as they took him in for immediate treatment.