Chapter 21: Thanksgiving Part 2

Our spread is laid out on the other table which is meant for dining. Daddy is busy craving our turkey. Meanwhile over at Juan’s place where he is partaking in the celebration with his family. Everyone dishes out their food to eat. I am so thankful for you guys accepting me as one of when I moved in. George and Abby you will always be a part of this family, I told them. The team and George took their usual assigned seats. Both of us sat down on the couch where Abby joined us. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put the dirty dishes in our sink.

The encore of the Thanksgiving Day parade is now almost over. Juan is on his way over with dessert now. He arrived at the house in 10 minutes flat that afternoon. Daddy answers the door to let him into the house. Everyone greets him in unison.  We eat dessert with each other. Our guys are in their own universe now because football game has just started.

Meanwhile the rest of us clean the kitchen together. Eventually we had to get out the house it became very noisy. All of us girls head down to the beach for a walk and we were in a deep conversation. Your cupcakes were so amazing, they complimented me. “Did you have any help on them?” they asked. Mom, Pumpkin Pie, Nat, and Abby knew the answer.

Our guys are still watching the game inside on the t v. We enjoyed the walk down the beach. Their football game is in the fourth quarter. “John you sure enjoyed that cake batter that we left for you, Roger told him.”     “Of course I did, Roo answered jumping up and down.

Seconds later we returned from the walk down the beach. Mom, the girls, and I sat together with the guys on our couch.  Within seconds Abby, George, and Juan get up to leave and go home. They mentioned their goodbyes to us in order to head back in the directions of their houses or apartment.

All of us headed out the back door together. Campfire time begun for that night. The sun hasn’t set yet in the sky. Everyone sat around the stars shining above us. Soon our conversation from the table starts again.

Daddy:  This castle

Mommy: our family

Jakes:  our jobs

Paige: My Rock star

Johnny: Forgiveness

Mike: Baby

Nat:  Good times with you guys

 When my family was finished with what they are thankful for. I stuck around to hear the fire crackling in front of us which is somewhat soothing. Within minutes I am inside our house again turning on the t v to sit down on our couch. Roger enters soon after and joins me so we can start cuddling. “How was your first Thanksgiving with us?” he asked. “Well, I really enjoyed it but wanted my Mel here with me, I replied to him.”

Our family came in from outside Jakes blew out the bonfire. Later on they were also sitting in the family room with us. We are watching some random t v show and talking to each other. I took the remote to change the channel because Home Alone is about to come the screen. Everyone knows that when Home Alone is back in heavy rotation that the holidays are in full swing.

We enjoyed the entire movie together without eating popcorn because we are still to full from eating dinner. All of us laughed until our belly’s started to hurt. “How did you guys enjoy my family tradition?” I asked them. Before you got here we never did that Tia, they answered me. We loved it so from now on we’ll do it every year.

I started rubbing my eyes because tiredness is now setting in on me for waking up 6:00 am. Everyone mentioned their goodnights to each other. My family knew that within minutes I would be long gone.  Seconds later I went upstairs to change into my jammies and brushed my teeth so I could jump in bed our bed with Pedro.

Texting

Mel: Hey T

Me: Hey Mel

Mel: How are you?

Me: Good and you. California’s great

Mel: I am fine thanks

Me: Happy Thanksgiving

Mel: Same to You

Me: I miss you

Mel: So do I

Me: your dad thank you that I am at Graceland

Mel: of course

Me: They can’t wait to meet you

Mel: He mentioned an agent Mike

Me: Mike or Roger as I like to call him all the time. He’s my training officer and big brother.

Mel: They met over the phone

Me: yes in Juan’s office who is his C.O.

Mel: okay

Me: I love you Mel. Bye. Tell your parents that I send my regards.

Mel:  Right back at you T. Bye will do.

End of Texting

My family stayed up watching t v together after the movie is finished.  Soon after that they shut off the t v and the family room lights. Everyone else changed to get ready for bed. There were only three people that came in our room: Nat, Roger, and Pumpkin Pie. Two thirds of our siblings gave me kisses. I fell asleep with Pedro in my arms. Our team meets up with my in dreamland that night.