Episode 3

Apparently, while I was focused on Dot being dead, Simon got kidnapped by vampires and they want to trade him for the Mortal Cup. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. I'm the only one know knows where it is. And I don't really care about Simon, especially when it's him versus the world. I mean Magnus? Maybe, but Simon? Really? No!

Now Clary is busy complaining about how the vampire kidnapped Simon on their watch.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the cup, and they think you have it." Jace explains to her making me try to hold in a laugh. I mean really? Does no one even ask me if I know where the cup is. I'm just gonna wait till they ask me if I know to tell them, this is too funny.

"But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone.' What am I supposed to do now?" Clary exclaims.

"We have to report this to the clave." Alec says while beginning to walk away, "They have to know what we've learned about Valentine."

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?"

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the cup." Jace explains.

"Why? It makes new shadow hunters."

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself. Plus it controls demons." I tell her.

"They'll propose a trade, Simon for the cup." Jace says.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the cup. Either way, I lose someone I love. What it I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out themselves?" Well I know I won't give Clary the cup. I know she's stressed, but she shouldn't even joke about doing that. It's the fate of the world and everyone in it. All downworlders would die at the hands of Valentine. Magnus would die at the hands of Valentine. I can't let that happen.

"Do you even care, Clary? Because you give the cup to either and everyone I love dies. Warlocks die, vampires die, werewolves die, and any shadow hunter against Valentine dies. Because no offense to the vampires but Valentine will find a way to get it. You act like it's all about you and the ones you love, but it's not. The whole world will come crashing down and then you can't even pretend it's all about you!" I walk away and with a flick of my hand I'm in Magnus's lair sitting on the couch. They can figure the Simon situation out themselves.

"Well hello there Lux. And to what do I own the pleasure?"

"Lux? Hmm, I like it. Especially coming from you."

"Really though, what are you doing here?"

"Clary had the audacity to suggest we just through the Mortal Cup between the vampires and Valentine and let them fight it out. I'm done with her bullshit and your presence calms me down. I don't exactly want to go ripping her head off."

"Well, I am honored to be able to calm you down." He says while coming to sit next to me on the couch, "why don't we get to know each other?"

"Great idea!" I reply and take his hand in mine.

We spend the next few hours talking on the couch where we eventually ended up with Magnus in my lap at the end of the couch.

"How would you like to try something between us?" Magnus suddenly asks inching face closer to mine.

"Depends on what it is." I tell him leaning in even more until our lips are centimeters apart.

"How about something like this?" Magnus says and closes the gap between us.

The kiss is like nothing I could have imagined. It's like I can feel our magic colliding at the same time around us. We eventually broke apart but just barely.

"I would love that. How about we grab a drink sometime? This could be a regular thing." I suggest while tracing his jaw with my finger.

"And I will look forward to that."

I pick Magnus up and place him beside me on the couch. I then stand up and snap my fingers to put on music.

"What are you doing?"

"Dance with me."

"What?"

"I said dance with me, Magnus." I grab his hands and pull him to his feet, "come on, it'll be fine!"

He just laughs and does as I asked. We spend the next little while just dancing around the room, until my phone buzzed on the couch.

"They got the mundane back from the vamps."

"That's good, but this is better."
And with that he slammed his lips back on mine. My hands found their way around Magnus' waist and I pulled him flush against me. Everything else forgotten, I stayed in Magnus' embrace for the rest of the day. And wether we were kissing or just talking, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

869 word count.
I know this is shorter, but he wasn't there for most of the episode so, oh well.