Episode 5

I head back to the institute in the morning. I just walked in to see the argument between Clary, Alec, and Jace over Clary's portal shard necklace her mother gave her. I just decide to avoid them and their drama and go to the library for a few minutes.

When I finished in the library I head to the training room.

Oh, just great. Maryse Lightwoods here.

"Mother. Welcome back. We didn't expect you." Alec speaks, entering the room.

"You should be prepared, whether you expect me or not."

"I am. We are."

"We'll talk about the institute later. Right now, we have a bigger problem." She then sees me in the entrance of the room.

"Hello Mrs Lightwood. I assume everything's just fine in Idras? It would be such an inconvenience to have to go fix their problems again." I tell her.

"The Seelies have stopped communicating and won't explain why." She tells me.

"Maybe it's because the clave sent their scouts on a suicide mission and their dead now?" I ask rhetorically.

She just ignores me and continues, "My guess is they're still upset we asked them to send scouts to look for Valentine, but no one in their realm will talk."

"I have Seelie friends." Isabelle tells her.

"Yes, I know about your friends. Isabelle, we stay separate from the Downworld for good reasons. The wrong move, the wrong word... do you think there's such a thing as harmless rebellion? Who knows what offends these creatures? Maybe you told him... them... something they shouldn't know. Maybe you trod on one of their ridiculous customs without knowing it." Maryse says making me want to smack her for being a stuck up, prejudice bitch.

"Wait, wait. I don't understand." Jace starts, "you're laying all this on Izzy for having a friend in the Downworld?"

"Yeah, Maryse. You sure you want to continue? I'm sure there would plenty of things you need from me in the future, and I'd be happy to deny you that help right now."

"When someone upsets the natural order, everything falls apart." She tells Jace ignoring me.

"I hereby deny all help in any magic to Maryse Lightwood from the high warlock and shadow hunter of Idras and the country. Figure this out yourself." I tell her.

"You can't do that!" She shouts after me.

"Just did! Have fun with out me!" I shout back.

I just walk out and teleport to Magnus. I find him laying on his couch with a drink in his hands. I walk over and lay on top of him.

"Well hello there, love. Whatcha doin?" He asks me, and I just grumble in response while burying my head deeper in his neck making him laugh. "Bad day, love?"

"Maryse Lightwood is a bitch. Now, your comfy, so I'm gonna nap."

A couple of hours later, my phone buzzes with a text.
"Uuuuugggghhh. Clary left the institute and disappeared. Alec asked me to come find her. I gotta go, but I'll see you later." I kiss Magnus and teleport back to the institute.

"Let's go." I tell Alec and walk out to where I tracked Clary.

We eventually find her, when her cell phone rings.
"Why'd you run out?" Alec asks her.

"And what's the point of an invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone?" I ask her.

"That was childish, sneaking out like that..." Alec continues.