Episode 4

I was still at Magnus's lair until late afternoon the next day.

"When will you be back?"

"I'll be back soon Mags, I just want to make sure they aren't killing each other or died yet."

"Fine, fine. But let's do something together soon."

"I would love that. Now, I gotta go." I kiss his lips briefly before continuing, "but I will see you soon." I kiss him one more time before teleporting inside the institute. I find the rest of the team except Simon in the center looking at something on the screens. I walk closer and put my arm around Isabelle and see they are looking at some pictures of Magnus.

"And why are you looking into Magnus?"

"You know him?" Isabelle asks me.

"Yeah, why?"

She's about to answer when Hodge walks in and begins talking, "Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite... and quite excessive." I instantly smile at that.

"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta." Clary noted.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder." Isabelle responds, "vampire? Ever see him in the daylight?"

"Can you two focus?"Alec asks, "this is not a joke."

"Someone needs to get slayed." Isabelle replies.

Hodge begins to take back over by saying, "Alec's right. Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust in shadow hunters." Heh, if they knew.

"Well, then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a shadow hunter?"

"Yes, one of the best. But 'help' might not be the most accurate word." I decide to interrupt hodge here to make sure they don't say something offensive and I want to rip their heads off.

"Magnus more then likely got payed to do whatever service your mom required, Clary. Warlocks don't just do their magic for free. Then everyone would take more advantage of us then they already do. Most of the time they ignore and mistreat warlocks until they need something done. Then they act like a best friend, but as soon as they fulfilled their task for them, it's back to ignoring us."

"Us?" Isabelle asks from my side. I just snap my fingers in response and summon a coffee.

Alec takes over from there, "Word from clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them."

I begin to zone out again until Isabelle brings a flyer for a Downworlder rave up on the screen.

"No." I tell her instantly.

"What? Why?" She questions.

"I'm not putting a warlock in a public place when it's warlock hunting season for the circle!"

"We can protect him Pollux!"

"Fine whatever, but if we're doing this I'm bringing him there. I don't want him dead because you decided a public and crowded place."

"You know where he lives?" Alec asks.

"Obviously. Who do you think told the warlocks to hide from Valentine?"

"That was you!?" Jace questions accusingly.

"I'm not gonna just let them die until enough go missing that it raises alarm!"

"Let's just move on." Alec suggested.

"Come with me," Hodge begins, then walks into the training room and opens a safe with a rune.