Chapter Four

Picture of Storm in the media! Art belongs to me.

"Are you sure you have everything? Toothbrush, wallet, enough clothes and und-"

"Mom! I'm fine! I have to go or I'll miss the train!"

It was currently three days after Nashi's birthday, making it just over a week since they'd decided that she was going to Fairy Tail. Nashi had spent her birthday relaxing with her mom, going to Hosenka Town the day before and coming back home the day after. Nashi used the time after that to pack and say goodbye to her friends in the mansion. The only one who was reluctant to part ways, however, was Lucy, who was at the station with her daughter.

"I know, I know." Lucy's eyes started to well up with tears, "It's just that you're finally going out in the world, all alone in the big, unknown, universe."

Nashi giggled. "You know you don't have to be this dramatic, right?"

Lucy snorted. "I'm a writer. It's my job to be dramatic. Anyway," Lucy straightened up, "Don't forget that Loke will see you sometime next week, okay?"

"Okay, okay. I know already."

"Last call for Magnolia! I repeat, last call for those leaving for Magnolia!"

Lucy sighed, "So, I guess this is it, huh?"

Nashi nodded, suddenly realizing why her mother was so emotional earlier.

"Make sure you send me a letter as soon as you get there. Be safe. I love you, Nashi."

"I will. I love you too, Mom."

Nashi and Lucy pulled together for one last hug before Nashi turned away and went into the train. Finding an empty compartment, she sat down, popped a motion-sickness pill into her mouth, and waved to her mom out the window as the train doors closed and the distance between them grew bigger. Once Nashi felt the tug on her magic telling her she was out of range to summon any of the spirits, she pulled a book out of her carry-on and drifted into another world.

***

"No, no, wait! Don't do that in there! Ugh, just keep your head out the window. I'll try to find something to help you. Do not throw up on anything inside the train."

Nashi was pulled out of her reverie by a loud voice outside of the tiny room on the train. Groaning at the distraction, she tried to concentrate on the book in front of her when she heard a knock at the door.

"Um, excuse me?" The doors slid open to reveal a petite woman with bright blue hair, looking sheepishly at Nashi. "I'm sorry to bother you, but my husband doesn't feel well because of his motion sickness. Do you by any chance have something that might help?"

Nashi put down her book cover-up and turned away from the woman to dig through her bag. "Yeah, I actually have some motion-sickness pills in here if that-"

"Oh my god!"

Nashi jumped from the sudden squeal of the woman behind her. She whipped her head around, asking, "What? Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing, it's just that," the woman lifted Nashi's book, "you read Lillian Conti's books too?"

"Of course!" Nashi's face broke out into a grin. "She's only one of my favorite authors ever!"

"Same! The way she describes those first-glance scenes is so mesmeri-"

"LEVY! STOP YAPPING ABOUT STUPID GIRLY CRAP AND GET ME THOSE PILLS!"

"Oops, I completely forgot about him. I'm sorry, he gets a little cranky when he's sick. One time he even-"

"LEVYYYYY!"