Camomile...

[AN: 

Hi readers, some very important notes before we start. I care a lot about this chapter, it's one of the few I already had in mind before the story started to grow significantly. 

There will be few but meaningful actions, lots of dialogues needed to give a better understanding of Daphne's backstory and essential for the evolution of her relationship with Levi. 

As already announced in some previous chapters, her past is pretty dark, so there'll be mentions of prostitution, manipulative behaviors and also the description of a panic attack. So If you aren't comfortable reading these things right now, don't. I hope you like it anyway. 

Last thing, I don't know who made the fan-art I used for this chapter. If you do, let me know in the comments! 

A couple of songs I recommend are:  "The night we met" by Lord Huron; "Sign of the times" by Harry Styles;  "In my veins" by Andrew Belle. Bye, see you next time readers!]

LEVI'S POV

When I entered the cafeteria, something felt odd. Out of place. I was later than usual and everyone was already there. But I knew someone was missing. Someone. Daphne. Where is she now?

"Looking for someone, Levi?" said Mike sarcastically.

"Mind your fucking business, Mike" I replied harshly.

He sighed and then added "If you're looking for that girl... she chowed down her food and ran off. I asked her where she was rushing off in such a hurry, she mumbled something about Hange and an experiment they had to do together or something-"

I didn't even wait for him to finish his sentence and I started walking out of the cafeteria. What the fuck is she doing? Is she trying to avoid me after what happened during the training? This girl...

The irritation was growing inside of me and I couldn't even stand the sound of my boots echoing in the deserted hallways, as I walked towards the courtyard. Is she really avoiding me?

Once there, in the middle of the lawn stood out two massive tents and a little light seemed to come from the biggest one. I'm sure I'll find them under there.

"Good evening" I said.

There she was, between Lauda and Hange. I sensed her uneasiness as I entered the tent. She knew it was me and yet she never turned or raised her head to even look at me. What the fuck is wrong with her now? She really was avoiding me.

"Oh Levi, I'm glad you joined us, but I don't recollect inviting you" said Hange greeting me with her usual and unnecessary amount of enthusiasm.

"You didn't. I wanted to see what kind of freakshow you are up to" I announced.

Why are you avoiding me? Look at me.

"Cadets" I added, trying to get her attention. Lauda raised her head and kindly replied to me. Daphne still stayed silent.

As I sat down on the only free pillow, next to Lauda, I finally heard a whisper "c-captain". It was her. She still didn't dare to look at me. Look at me. I turned a little in her direction, just to have a better view of her. Look at me.

"However, where were we, Daphne?" asked Hange. Daphne's gaze was still fixed onto the ground, a few inches from the titan. Still silent. She only raised her shoulders. Look at me.

"Oh well never mind" spoke again Hange "Well, since we'll stay here for a while... Have you ever seen a titan in person, Daphne? Or is this your first time?"