𝕃𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖

You sat on the living room carpet, clutching your Hawks action figure. Staring at the TV, your eyes were round with shock.

"Hero Team Nenshokushi have been found dead in Hosu, where they were on a mission to catch the Hero Killer: Stain. Police are still investigating, but the murder is speculated to be committed by the hero killer himself.."

You hugged your action figure to your chest, feeling tears starting to roll down your face.

"Y/N? What's..." Your aunt's voice said from behind you, but it seemed like she saw the TV. You heard a gasp and a shatter, and you looked back, tears clouding your vision. It was blurry, but you could see the remains of a mug on the floor, and your aunt's hands resting over her mouth in shock.

"Auntie Taion..? Mom and Dad left me behind... Why did they leave me behind? Did they hate me that much?"

"No. They loved you so much. They didn't plan for this to happen." Your aunt ran over to you and wrapped her arms around your neck in a tight hug, falling to the floor.

"B-But they never told me that they might not come back..."

"They were sure that they would... They had promised that they would.." Your aunt tightened her grip.

"Does that mean they.. broke their promise?"

"No, Stain wouldn't let them keep it."

---

You grabbed your backpack with the print of red wings on the back that your mom had made for you. You had stuffed your pro hero action figures, your parents' photo albums, and some clothes inside, as well as sneaking in some food and a water bottle.

You hurried out the door, knowing your aunt was still asleep. You lived in Hosu, so you knew the hero killer was around somewhere. You wanted to find where he was and tell a pro hero.

Closing the door behind you, you went down the street toward the middle of town. The pro hero Endeavor had his agency here, so there would most definitely be heroes roaming about. You saw Endeavor himself with a few people behind him, and you ducked into an alley. They passed, and you saw a boy with half-white, half-red hair, the one you had seen at the sports festival on TV about a week ago.

You shook, hoping that they wouldn't see you and take you home. You slipped out of the alley a few seconds after they passed, and you walked the opposite way as quiet as you could.

You were walking for almost ten minutes before you heard a noise from inside an alley. You peeked around the corner and your heart seemed to stop.

A pro hero that you didn't recognize, dressed in Native American clothing, was being held against the wall with a hand on his face. The hand belonged to..

Your eyes travelled to his face. It was him. The Hero Killer. Stain. The one who had taken your parents away from you.

At that very moment, an explosion in the distance made you flinch. The glow of fire appeared beyond the buildings, and you smelled smoke in the air. However, you couldn't take your eyes off of Stain. You felt your eyes water as you remembered seeing your parents on the TV. You hadn't even been able to see them since they had died.

You turned immediately, about to run to find a pro hero, but you saw a tall boy in a full suit of armor with engines in his calves. You grabbed his leg.

"S-Sir! Please... He took my Mom and Dad!" You cried, looking up at him.

In response, he patted your head. "I'll take care of this. Get somewhere safe." He sounded really serious. You nodded, and you ran around him, hurrying down the street.