ℕ𝕖𝕨 ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖

The scruffy man had his umbrella out, his eyes tired. He just wanted to get home so he could sleep. He had just come out of the pet store, having bought stuff that no-one could know about. However, he passed the alley and he saw something. He stopped and looked over. In the roofed alley was a little girl, looking to be about the age of 4.

Her clothes were soaking wet, and she had a bag with her. Her knees were scuffed and scratched, and there was no-one else around.

'What the...'

He walked toward the girl and kneeled down, noticing that she was out cold.

'She'll get really sick in weather like this.'

The black-haired man slowly sat down beside the girl and took off his heavy jacket he had been wearing. He wrapped it around her in an attempt to keep her warm.

It was cold out here, but he couldn't just bring some random little girl back to his house..

He stayed awake the best he could, waiting for the girl to wake up.

---

(Y/N's POV)

You opened your eyes slowly and you blinked. Something warm was wrapped around you. You clutched it tighter around you, and it felt like a jacket. You rose your head and looked to your left. There was a scruffy-looking man with fluffy-looking, shoulder-length black hair and tired eyes. He wore all black and a grey scarf-like thing. There was a scar under his right eye.

You tilted your head and he noticed you. He looked at you and you blinked.

"Are you a hobo?" You asked, and the man flinched.

"No, I'm not a hobo. I'm some random person who saw you freezing out here and decided to help out."

"Oh, thank you, sir." You smiled gently.

"...Do you know your way home, kid?"

"U-Uh.."

You paused. You weren't happy in your foster home. You hated it there. Maybe..

"I-I don't really have anywhere else to go.." You stammered over your words, looking up at the scruffy man.

The man got up and you thought he was going to leave, but he extended his hand out to you. "Let me help you."

You smiled gently and grabbed his hand. He kept the both of you out of the rain with his umbrella, and you kept your hold on his hand tight. A few people passed you, a specific group of young women smiling at the sight.

"Aww, that's so adorable."

"He looks like a good father."

The man seemed to flinch at the comments, but you barely heard them. A few minutes later you looked up at the man.

"Sir? What's your name?"

"Shota Aizawa." He replied.

"I'm Y/N." You looked up at Aizawa, feeling as if you were with your parents again.

---

Aizawa had decided to keep you. Normally he would have just taken you to foster care center, but you definitely had a cold from the conditions outside. Besides, now that you knew he had 5 cats, he couldn't just let you tell people.

So your name was changed to Y/N Aizawa, and he adopted you.

You had been living with him for a month already. He had signed you up for a daycare so he would be able to go to work without hiring a sitter. He didn't trust anyone with you unless there were licensed caretakers.