↳˳⸙;; ❝ c. 008 ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗:

it had been about four days since kaiya and shirabu had stopped ignoring each other, which definitely made for better team dynamic. not one player hasn't thanked kawanishi for getting the pair back on talking terms, so very thankful for the middle blockers intervention. if they didn't have kawanishi to help sort out every little argument or intervene when kaiya and shirabu got on each other's nerves, they weren't sure how the team would function.

so for the past four days, kawanishi was hailed as a hero by the team, much to the chagrin of kawanishi himself, who, if you knew him, knew he hated all the attention he was gaining from his teammates for his actions. shirabu and kaiya, on the other hand, knowing this particular detail about their friend, would often tease kawanishi about being the teams hero, commenting about how he was so heroic or how he was the only one that could garner this sort of attention from the entire team — there was no one else that could get shirabu and kaiya to stop arguing, and the pair knew this fact as well.

this teasing kawanishi would receive from kaiya and shirabu was also probably the reason kawanishi looked like he wanted to murder the pair, regret shining in his eyes at having forced the pair to make up. if he hadn't of done so, they never would've started teasing him about what he hated oh so much. but at the same time, maybe it was a good thing they felt comfortable enough to start teasing him together again. there were two sides of the coin, it seemed.

"shut up," kawanishi muttered, turning away from shirabu and kaiya who shared a look of victory behind his back. "leave me alone already."

"you know we can't do that," shirabu responded with a chuckle, poking the back of kawanishi's head. "you're stuck with us, sorry to inform you, buddy."

"besides, who would you talk to if we were to leave you alone?" kaiya questioned with a teasing twinkle in her eyes. "tendō?"

"oh god no," kawanishi replied, shaking his head vigorously at the thought. he could barely stand being around tendō during practices so he could learn from the third year, let alone hanging around him everyday for fun. he had no clue how semi, ushijima, reon, or any of the other third years did it, and he felt extremely bad for semi considering the third year setter seemed the closest to the red head out of the whole team, besides maybe ushijima.

"that's what i thought," kaiya replied with a giggle, glancing downwards at her notebook that held all her notes from her classes, some of them making sense and some not.

the trio had finished practice and had eaten dinner, and were now trying to study together in shirabu and kawanishi's dorm for an upcoming exam they have, though it had mostly ended up being a teasing session rather than an actual study session.

"dammit," kaiya muttered, going over her notes over and over again, rewriting them, trying to make sense of the blob of words that made absolutely no sense to the ravenette.

"what's up?" shirabu questioned, glancing towards kaiya questioningly.

"did anything aikawa-sensei teach today make any sense to you? i wrote down all the notes she told us to, but it's just- not clicking in my brain," kaiya replied with a huff, glancing over at shirabu who was now gesturing for kaiya to give him her notebook with all her notes. sighing, kaiya slid over the notebook, watching as shirabu went over her notes and seemed to understand where she went wrong. kawanishi slid over as well, looking over shirabu's shoulder to get a look at the ravenette's work.