↳˳⸙;; ❝ c. 009 ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗:

it had been about ten minutes since kaiya's panic attack had started, and shirabu was still standing with her, talking to her to help calm her down, telling her when to inhale and when to exhale. kawanishi was still standing with them, though when the trio received some strange looks from passers by, kawanishi couldn't help but internally roll his eyes at them. what the trio was doing was none of their business, so therefore, they needn't pry into what was going on.

while some passers by gave the trio weird looks, others seemed more than concerned. some, to name a few, were none other than goshiki, semi, tendō, and ushijima, all of whom had looks ranging from worry to concern plastered on their faces.

kawanishi took this as his cue to approach his worried teammates, explaining to them that kaiya was having a panic attack and that shirabu was helping her calm down from it. semi and goshiki both had looks of surprise on their faces when kawanishi told them shirabu was helping kaiya, whereas tendō looked a bit smug — kawanishi would have to ask tendō about that later — and ushijima seemed half worried, half relieved, though never losing that deadpan expression he was known for.

the small group of volleyball players had decided to wait off to the side, waiting for kaiya's panic attack to pass, worried for the manager. they wanted to stay just to reassure themselves that kaiya was actually okay before they would leave, though they stayed off to the side as shirabu would get salty with them if they interrupted his or kaiya's focus.

about another fifteen minutes passed when kaiya was finally calm, her breathing was now back to normal, her heart rate had slowed, the shaking had stopped, and she no longer felt like she was about to pass out.

when kaiya regained awareness of her surroundings, she was more than shocked to see the worried faces of semi, goshiki, tendō, and ushijima standing before her. she smiled weakly at them to showe ethe eeethat she was okay, but was surprised when she suddenly felt a pair of arms around her, finding herself in the grasp of goshiki tsutomu, the usually hyperactive first year now showing more worry that he'd ever shown in probably his entire life.

"i'm so glad you're okay, kaiya-san!" goshiki exclaimed, finally releasing the ravenette so she was now standing ineee efront of him.
no
"awe, thanks goshiki," kaiya replied, sending the first year a soft smile. though she had known the first year for the least amount of time, she had grown close to him, comfortable enough to allow him to use her first name rather than her last, something most of the team did already.

next to hug her and say how glad she was okay was tendō, who gave kaiya a side hug, resting his chin on the top of kaiya's head. when tendō stepped away, ushijima stepped in front of kaiya, giving the ravenette a head pat — he wasn't much of a hugger — and telling her that he was glad she was okay. semi was the last one to step forward, placing his hands on kaiya's shoulders to reassure himself that she was actually okay before he pulled her into a hug. when he pulled away, he gave the ravenette a soft smile, casted a glance at shirabu and kawanishi, before heading away with tendō and ushijima.

he would never say this to the second year setters face, but he was really glad shirabu had someone like kaiya in his life, just one person that he would listen to above all others — minus maybe the coaches and other authority figures. kaiya was one of the few people semi had ever seen shirabu care about besides himself, and that, to semi, was a great victory. how they'd scored such an amazing manager who knew how to manage such rowdy boys as well as being able to handle one of the most salty members on the team was a mystery to the third year, but he was extremely grateful, nonetheless.