↳˳⸙;; ❝ c. 021 ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗:

kaiya wasn't sure what she was feeling at that moment, her mind was too clouded with wholly different thoughts all together. some parts of her brain thinking about how she might've messed up her friendship with the setter, other parts coming out confused as to why he would've run away from her after they'd finished cleaning, and even other thoughts revolving around the fact that she was just now coming to terms that she may or may not like the starting setter of the shiratorizawa vbc.

the minute she'd gotten back to the dorm, her dorm mates had noticed something was up with their ravenette friend, though when they'd asked her what was up, she'd immediately shook them off and locked herself in her room. why she'd told komori before himari was a mystery to her, maybe it was the fact that she felt more comfortable with the itachiyama libero, or maybe it was because she couldn't see his face when she told him about it. maybe it was the fact she wasn't ready to open up to someone about what had happened if she could see their face as she told them the story. she didn't want to see the judgmental or possibly "i told you so" look in himari's eyes just yet, she still needed to wrap her head around the fact that it had happened.

she hadn't stayed in her room for very long though, as she could still hear the worried murmurs of her friends from her room. claiming she had needed to go for a walk, kaiya quickly left the dorm and now found herself wandering aimlessly within the stone walls of shiratorizawa academy's campus.

she was so familiar with the campus, living within the walls almost all year round, that she barely registered where she was walking, her feet just moving as if on instinct. when she finally realized just where she was walking, a soft call of her name could be heard, to which she turned in the direction the call came from.

"kenjirō?" kaiya questioned, tilting her head curiously at the copper haired setter. "what are you doing here?"

"i could ask you the same thing," shirabu replied, slowly approaching the raven haired girl.

"couldn't stay in my dorm, i needed space," kaiya answered, looking at shirabu questioningly.

"kawanishi kept bombarding me with questions so i snuck out of the dorm to take a walk," was shirabu's response, a faint smile taking over his features as he stopped in front of kaiya.

a quiet understanding fell over the pair as they stood in front of each other, neither sure what to say to the other in this situation. kaiya and shirabu had both been looking to escape everyone in order to gather their thoughts, so the fact that they'd run into each other must've meant something, right?

"listen-"

"i'm sorry-"

both manager and setter stopped what they were saying to stare wide eyed at the other.

"you go," shirabu muttered, glancing away from the ravenette and instead looking at the ground.

"no, please, you go," kaiya insisted, tilting her head curiously at the setter.

"uhh okay," shirabu murmured, glancing away from kaiya and closing his eyes, trying to gather his thoughts before he spoke again. "i'm sorry...if what happened earlier made you...uncomfortable."

kaiya smiled softly, cupping shirabu's cheek gently to get the setter to look her in the eyes. "shirabu, there's no need for you to apologize. i was going to say that i wouldn't have minded if it had happened, but whatever would have come after, i'd have liked to take it slow." kaiya explained, shirabu's eyes widening at the realization of just what the ravenette meant.