Chapter 1 - A New Mission

Readers:
(For some reason, whenever I edit a future chapter or begin it write one, it republishes this one: Don't worry, nothing changed, it's probably just a bug.)

Quick A/N:
Not many details will be accurate or close to what the manga or anime is, so I sincerely apologize for that if you wanted it to be close to what the anime or manga is. I wanted this to sort of have my own plot, but with the same basic detail and characters. For instance, demons and demon slayers exist.

Please enjoy!

Tanjiro's POV
-----------------------

"Caw! Caw! Your new mission: Go to Oyakata immediately! Caw! Caw!" the crow flew by, and circled back, repeating, "Caw! Caw! I repeat! Your new mission: Go to Oyakata immediately! Caw! Caw!"

"That's odd, he normally dislikes people knowing his location," I mumbled

"Shut it, you talking chicken wing," said Inosuke with irritation.

"T-That's a crow, Inosuke," said Zenitsu, who still can't seem to get used to the talking crow.

"A what?"

"A crow."

"Will it fight me?"

"Um..."

"Hey, Zenitsu, Inosuke," I started as I turned around only to see Inosuke trying to climb up a tree with Zenistu hanging off of him.

"Don't fight it Inosuke!" Zenitsu wailed.

I smiled slightly while staring at the two idiots.

"Let me go! It's taunting me, I can see the look in its eyes!" Inosuke said with both of his swords out, still trying to free himself from Zenitsu's grasp.

"It's not trying to challenge you, Inosuke," I said with a slight laugh.

Inosuke directed his gaze at me, "So, are you challenging me?!"

"We should probably start heading toward Mr. Oyakata..." I said, turning my back on the other two.

"Hey! Get back here!" Inosuke yelled at me.

"No!" Zenitsu wailed, "Don't fight anyone!"

As I followed the crow toward the destination, I could hear Inosuke yelling and Zenitsu being dragged by Inosuke. What a great way to start the morning.

-Slight-Time-Skip-

As we approached Oyakata's home, the doors suddenly flew open only to reveal the white-haired twins.

"Welcome, he is waiting for you inside," the twins said in unison.

We all followed the pair inside, and the door somehow closed gently behind us.

"Good evening, Mr. Oyakata," I said with a kind smile.

Though he couldn't see it, Oyakata knew, and he returned my smile with a small smile of his own, "Good evening."

"That stupid crow from earlier told us to come to you, why?" Inosuke asked with forwardness.

Zenitsu was immediately shocked by his brazen action, and he was rendered too speechless to tell Inosuke off. I took charge in apologizing, "I sincerely apologize for his rudeness, Mr. Oyakata."

All Oyakata did was smile at Inosuke, seemingly waiting for an apology from Inosuke himself.

"What? Why are you apologizing? And why is this guy staring at me?!" Inosuke said, confused.

Zenitsu suddenly had the ability to whisper to Inosuke, "Apologize, you moron. He's the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps."

"I don't understand why I have to apologize-"

"Just apologize!" both Zenitsu and I loudly whispered at Inosuke.

"Sorry?" Inosuke said, sounding more like he was asking a question.

"It's quite alright, my child," Oyakata said, taking his gaze off of Inosuke, "Now, to get to the main reason as to why you all have been brought here."

"So this wasn't just a quick check in?" Zenitsu asked me quietly.

"No, my child, a new mission must be issued for you three to take," said Oyakata calmly, answering Zenitsu's question, "and only I can relay the details."

Zenitsu jumped because Oyakata answering his question was completely unexpected to him.

"If it's alright to ask, what kind of mission is this?" I asked as politely as I could.

"Ah..." Oyakata thought for a moment, "Well, it is a fairly unique and odd mission-"

"Are there demons?" interrupted Zenitsu, shaking.

Oyakata chuckled, "No, there shouldn't be any demons, not this time at least."

A wave of relief washed over Zenitsu.

"Then who're we gonna fight?" Inosuke butted in.

"Inosuke-" I started, but Oyakata held his hand up to silence me. I immediately stopped talking.

"It's alright, my child," he smiled again, "There may or may not be a fight, it depends on the situation this person is in."

"Person?" us three questioned at the exact same time.

"Person," Oyakata confirmed, "Additionally, this person is supposedly from another world."

"What!" Inosuke shouted, while Zenitsu and I showed visible shock on our faces.

"What's an another world?" Inosuke questioned, tilting his head.

"Well, you see, my child, it is a completely different place than the one you and I live. A whole other universe, per se. These people don't look like us or have the same traditions, demons may not even exist within this world for all we know," Oyakata paused for a moment, then continued, "All we know is that this person could be a valuable asset to the Demon Slayer Corps, since otherworlders tend to have interesting abilities."

"Do you know where this person is, what they look like?" I asked with genuine curiosity.

"Are they a boy or a... girl?!" Zenitsu asked with excitement.

Oyakata chuckled once more, "She is in the busy town toward where you first met Tamayo."

"Right! I've been meaning to ask, how do you know her-" I started.

Oyakata cut me off, "Well, you three should really get going. I'd love to chat with you some more, but the location is a bit far away. I'd appreciate it if you could fetch this girl as soon as possible. Have a safe journey!"

The next thing we knew, we were walking out the door and toward the path to find this person.

"Hey! Wait!" Inosuke yelled, "I didn't even challenge him!"

"Please don't do that, Inosuke!" Zenitsu said on the verge of tears.

I wonder what this person will be like?

-Chapter 1 - End-