xvii.

Sakura sighed.

"I know that you only wanted the best for Haku. Even though you are still in denial of your own feelings, you already view Haku as your own. The same could also be said to him but he is just afraid to confess that to you since you might get angry or worse invalidate his true feelings. You raised Haku when he was still young right Mister Zabuza? Your intention was to raise Haku so that he could be your weapon, right? But that isn't the case here anymore since you already felt his warmth and you already longed for it, right? There's nothing holding you back, Mister Zabuza. Feel free to feel that warmth! No one's invalidating your feelings anymore! Be a father. Be a family. Honestly, I was eavesdropping earlier. I heard the conversation of Haku with Naruto-kun and Sasuke-kun. He said he only followed your orders since he respects you and looked up to you. It only means that there is goodness in you! Why fight, right? We all have a chance to change and you are no exemption Mister Zabuza. Start that one small step with us, Mister Zabuza and Haku." said Sakura in a gentle tone. A smile bloomed on Kakashi, Naruto, and Sasuke's face.

"Stop. Stop it. It hurts here." said Zabuza as he was pointing at his heart. He began to cry and let his sword go. Haku ran and stood beside him as he smiled gently at Zabuza's crying figure.

As expected, Sakura-chan is amazing! thought Naruto.

You are something else, Sakura thought Kakashi.

Sasuke was gazing intently at Sakura's figure.

_____

A few minutes passed. Zabuza stopped crying and looked at Sakura.

"I can't be forgiven but Haku is different. He is my light and salvation. At least, let him live a happy life. If it's with you, I'm sure Haku would be happy." said Zabuza. A rare smile bloomed on his face.

I knew from the very beginning that I can't live with Mister Zabuza but I will be sure to live a life for the both of us thought HakuHe too, began crying. Zabuza noticed this and embraced Haku.

"Don't worry about me. Be free. I want you to live a life with no regrets! Live! Live for the both of us." said Zabuza as he began crying again.

This is a little embarrassing! thought Sakura as she looked at the crying Zabuza and Haku.

Kakashi cough.

"There's a way, Zabuza. You don't need to die a useless death." said Kakashi and Zabuza and the others looked at him with anticipation.

"What do you mean, Kakashi?" asked Zabuza carefully.

"Pretend that you are dead and assume a new identity. I will help confirm your new identity later on. But, as a consequence, you have to serve the leaf village with your life. Become a shinobi of the hidden leaf village.

"To Haku, well, he could become a genin in my team. I will personally request that to the Hokage." said Kakashi as his eyes slanted. It was obvious that he was smiling underneath the mask. Zabuza widen his eyes and looked at Haku.

Sakura was surprised of this development. She only wanted Haku and Zabuza to live a simple life together in Konoha but she never intended for them to become a leaf shinobi.

It's a good progress I guess. I should include Haku in my future plans. There are a lot of enemies in the future. Haku will be a good addition in facing these enemies. He is strong and smart. I'm sure that I could also tap the hidden potentials within him but why I feel like I'm becoming the center of this? thought Sakura.