~𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑀𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑑~

~

She's got the look
Oughta know better
She's got the look
She's Drivin' Me Wild

~

I throw back another B-52 savoring the combination of coffee, Irish cream, and orange liquor. This was a typical Saturday night for me. Come to the bar, have a couple of shots, and watch people play pool. It has been my escape from my reality... that is... my boyfriend leaving. Without an explanation or so much as a goodbye—he just left.

"You want another one Trin?"

I turn to the bartender who I've befriended over a couple of weeks ago when I started my trips here. Her name is Destiny and we automatically clicked from jump. We have a lot in common and relate on many, if not, all situations.

"Nah, I think I've had enough for the night. I still gotta drive back home Des."

She nods, "Right. Well look who's being the responsible one tonight. Normally I have to tell you that you shouldn't have another drink because you have to drive."

"Oh hush," I wave her off, playfully hitting her arm. "That is not a normal thing."

Destiny gives me the 'bitch are we really about to play this game' look and then we both burst into a fit of laughter. This is the only steady thing in my life right now, my friendship with Destiny.

Taking out my phone I check the time which reads 10:28, then place it back in my purse. "What time do you get off?"

"Around twelve because my boss says someone important is supposed to be coming around 10:45 with some friends. So, we're "closing" at 10:35 for them, meaning everyone has to leave," she explains, wiping off the counter.

"I guess I should get going then."

"Oh no, you can stay. My boss said it's fine that you stay, I already asked," she winks. "Besides tonight was our ladies night."

"Right! We have to watch that new Idris Elba movie too. I've been dying to see my baby do his thing on screen," I gush, batting my eyelashes.

Destiny playfully rolls her eyes saying, "Girl that man is married. Pick someone else."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I wave her off turning in my seat to watch a couple play pool together.

The way the man stood behind his girlfriend or who presumably was his girlfriend based on the position—reminded me of what I had. His arms wrapped tightly around her waist, one hand on top of hers at the bottom of the pool stick while the other held her other at the top. How lovely.

I turn away grabbing my phone up seeing I'd had five missed calls and ten text messages in the span of two minutes. Each one was from him wanting to talk and plead his case. Months have passed and I've accepted the fact that he left—yet now he wants to come back.

"Lame ass," I mumble to myself before turning back to now an empty pool table where the couple once was.

Well that was fast.

"Hey Des, I'm going to the restroom really quick. Can you watch my stuff?"

"Yeah girl... here." She grabs the restroom key from the side of the wall. "Can't forget this."