28. A Shot of Cheese, Actually, Make It Double!

School is back in and I am tackled the moment I open the door to my dorm.

"Dana!" Tori calls, throwing the both of us to the floor. Other students pass by, snickering at his shenanigans. "Tell me everything!"

"What everything?"

"Everything-everything." Tori hops to his feet, holding out his hand for me then he's shoving me into the room. A few students stare--because of the noise or who I am? I'm not sure, but I hope it was the ruckus.

"How was break? Any drama with the drama star? Were your friends back home overtaken with jealousy? Give me all the details," Tori insists.

I snicker. "I'm glad to see you haven't changed a bit over break."

"You'd hate it if I did."

"I don't know about hate."

Tori hops on his bed, watching my movements with a wide grin. I take a seat as well, shrugging when I admit, "There's not much to tell. I had a nice, calm break, which I definitely needed."

"For sure. Even I was a nervous wreck after everything got out." Tori shakes his head. "Props to you for putting up with it."

Before I can respond, my phone hums in my pocket. Tori smirks while I check my text, trying not to blush because Matt's text is simple. There's nothing to blush about!

Matt: You back at the dorms?

Me: Yeah. Are you home?

Matt: Yep. I can come pick you up in ten, if you want?

Me: Sure. Let me know when you're here :)

Although this is to be expected, we haven't seen each other in weeks, I feel like my heart is on the verge of exploding. What Matt said last week, "when I see you again, I'll prove just how fucking crazy I am about just Dana," has been at the forefront of my mind. Even more so now. What did he mean? What are his plans?

"Lover boy texting you already?" Tori chuckles. "Ah, young love." He jumps to his feet, heading towards the door. "I'm meeting up with Chelsea. If you'd like, I can grab an ice pack for ya on the way back."

"An ice pack?" I whisper, blinking up at Tori's grin.

"For your hips."

"Why would--" My eyes widen, face about to melt from the sudden intense heat building in my cheeks. Tori throws his head back with a maniacal cackle.

"Have fun tonight!" he calls, leaving with a flamboyant wave. The door clicks shut behind him.

Although I'm alone, there's no silence. My mind is imploding on itself, hating that I can't deny I wasn't thinking the same thing, but that's understandable, right? We've been dating a while and, I, well, I'm interested and Matt seems to be interested so... so I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! What if that is his plan and I'm going in blind?!

So, for the next ten minutes, I pace the room wondering what I'm expecting, should I be expecting it, and what the hell I'm meant to do. By the time Matt messages me, I'm shivering so much that I may be vibrating through the very fabric of the universe. My keys rattle when I lock the dorm door and people are definitely staring as I walk by, limbs completely straight.

The hair on the back of my neck stands, sending a shiver through me. I spin around, surveying the lounge. It's busier than usual, students and their families piling in and out. Plenty continue to watch me so I shrug off the feeling and continue the abnormally long walk to the parking lot. Matt waits in his car, probably smirking behind those tinted windows as I shuffle through the snow to get to the passenger side. The car is warm, heating my already chilled skin.