Chapter five

An eerie silence fell over the cafeteria.

Everyone looked at one another waiting for someone to say something.

"...H-He wasn't the imposter." Mina said in disbelief as she backed away from everyone.

"So we were wrong." Todoroki said and his eyes shifted around the room examining everyone's faces.

"Kiri died for nothing..." Izuku mumbled out quietly. Bakugou looked over at him and pulled him into a side hug.

"Well this is just fucked up." Sero said and turned around to walk towards navigation. "Where are you going!?" Uraraka asked him. "We still need to get our task done don't we." Sero said and walked out of the cafeteria.

"He's right we should hurry and finish our task that way the imposter won't get us." Todoroki said and everyone agreed and went their separate ways.

"This is so crazy." Izuku said as he and Bakugou entered Medbay. "Yeah I can't believe it wasn't him." Bakugou said and sat down on one of the hospital beds.

'Man who knew snapping someone's neck could be so satisfying.' Bakugou thought as he smirked underneath his helmet.

'My next target should be either that half and half bastard or Pinky.'

"Kacchan?" Bakugou shook his head and looked up to see Izuku starring at him. "Oh sorry, what did you say?" Bakugou asked making Izuku smile back at him.

"Ha, I asked if you want to help me inspect these samples." Izuku said and shook some vials filled with a blue liquid. "Oh sure." Bakugou said and walked over to Izuku.

Both boys grabbed two vials and placed them underneath the inspector. "Now we just have to wait until one of them turns red." Izuku said as he sat down on one of the hospital beds. He took off his helmet and frowned sadly at his reflection in his visor. Bakugou took off his helmet as well and sat down next to Izuku.

"Are you okay?" Bakugou asked and watched as the greenette shook his head. He then leaned his head against the blonde's shoulder making Bakugou's face heat up.

"I could have saved him..." Izuku mumbled out quietly. "Him meaning shitty hair or Pikachu?" Bakugou questioned making Izuku lift his head back up and turned to look at him.

"Both! Kiri. Denki. If we had just went into reactor with them t-then maybe they would both still *sniff* be here." Izuku stuttered slightly as tears started to appear in the corner of his eyes.

Bakugou's heart ached seeing the boy's saddened face. He took his hands and cupped the greenette's face using his thumbs to wipe away his tears.

"Hey... they were going to be targeted anyways they were basically a free double kill the imposter couldn't pass that up so don't worry about it too much, okay?" Bakugou said trying to comfort the boy.

Izuku put his hand on top of Bakugou's and nuzzled his face into his hands as he nodded his head. "It's just we were right there and you're sure you didn't see anyone on cams?" Izuku asked making Bakugou shake his head.

"I wasn't looking at the reactor screen when it happened." Bakugou lied making Izuku sigh. He then took Bakugou's hands off of his face and continued to hold them. Bakugou looked down at their connected hands and then back up at Izuku who was still looking down.

Kill him...

NOW!

'I already told you I'm not killing Izuku you bastard! Just hold on I need to think of away to get away from him then I can kill someone else for the both of us.'