6.0

ROSE

I didn't know what to say, Ashton sat down on the ottoman in the living room, his face burried in the palms of his hands. I kneeled in front of him, taking his hands, holding them in mine, i ran my thumb over the back of his right hand.

"What exactly did he say please Ashton." i felt my heart break when i saw tears form in his eyes

" I was in the office and he walked in and he told me to get out, he didn't even let me talk he just said you're fired and that if i ever flirt with you or if he finds out i've been with you that i'll regret it. Rose please he's not good for you." i let go of his hands and rubbed his knees. I sat up and nodded i grabbed my bag, walking to the front door.

"I'll be back okay, please stay here."

I know Harry would be upset if i didn't call Edward to drive me, but i was so fed up, i wasn't going to let him control me , especially my friends. I called a cab to drive me to the office,

"Keep the change." i handed the taxi cab driver a $20 bill, speed walking inside the building, all of this belonged to Harry, no wonder he thinks he has so much power, but not over me. Luckily Harry was in the first floor talking to Arden. I yanked on his arm, he turned around looking startled and furious, but he soon formed a smile when he saw me.

"Are you mentally sick or something? Why are your bringing Ashton into this? Give him his job back, we're friends Harry get that through you're stubborn head. Just give Ashton his job back." Harry looked back at Arden, who quickly looked back at her computer screen when she saw Harry looking at her. Harry gripped on my arm, pulling me to the side.

"Dont talk to me like that first of all, second of all Ashton was a horrible assistant anyways-"

"Bullshit he was the best here, please Harry he doesn't deserve this, why are you even jealous Harry, this isn't a relationship we aren't suppose to have feelings, don't get my friends involved." Harry ran his hand through his hair, the eyes of several employees were staring at us, I couldn't care less, but I know this is the first time someone probably told harry off in his office.

"You're right this isn't a relationship Rose. But it's my decision who i hire and fire okay,?So why don't you just scurry on home." His voice was deeper than usual, his lips were inches away from my ear.

"I guess it's my decision to say this, I don't want our deal anymore. You can make Ashton take my place im not working here anymore Harry, I don't want to be controlled, okay?" Harry and I made eye contact and I saw something I never saw before in him, pain, I saw sadness in his eyes. His green eyes looked like they've been hurt.

"You need the money Rose-"

"I don't need it from you." I zipped up my black leather jacket, clenching onto my purse, walking out of the building.

-

I took the night shift at the hospital today. Being a part time nurse wouldn't pay half of what I need for medical school but it's something, although I did miss Harry surprisingly. He made me feel home.

"Rose, what's wrong peach?" Susie, a middle aged nurse asked me, she had been the closest thing to a mother I've ever had.

"Nothing really just tired I guess." It was only eight pm, I wasn't tired, something just felt like it was missing. I leaned on the desk, resting my chin on the palms of my hand.

"Rose this came in for you?" A male nurse carried a white envelope in his hand, handing it over to me. The front just said 'Rose' in the neatest handwriting I've ever seen.

"Is it payday already?" I asked Susie who was gathering her things since her shift was almost over.

"Not till tomorrow babe, anyways goodnight." She rubbed my back, putting on her black north face jacket on.

I carefully opened the envelope, a check. $44,000. I stood up quickly, harry styles, he signed it. He made this check out to me. In the envelope was a small letter.

Rose,
I am sorry for my behavior, I know you, and I know you don't want to be controlled. Im sorry. I don't want to give what we have up, but I made a promise to help you in medical school and I tend to keep up my word, I hope this helps on your tuition. Im also going to London tomorrow for my sister's wedding, I was planning for both of us to go, here's the terminal and flight information if you want to go, it's fine if you don't. Im sorry. -Harry