𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍||𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐃

"If you're trying out for 'The Bad Seed', you need to sign up here and wait by the auditorium door until your name is called," Ezra informed. He'd decided to put on a school production of the award-winning play, "The Bad Seed", which was a story about a girl who wreaks havoc on her small town. "Thank you, and good luck." Ezra had asked Brooklyn to help him decide who would be apart of the cast and who would be apart of the crew which is why the two sat side by side, occasionally taking notes as Mona auditioned for the lead role.

"Thank you, Mona," Ezra smiled up at the girl that had just confidently completed her audition. Mona smiled at everyone in the room before exiting with her head held high.

Brooklyn released a deep sigh as she placed her hands on the table and pushed herself up. "I'm gonna take a break."

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just need a snack break. You can keep going with the auditions." Brooklyn dug through her purse for loose change that she could feed into the vending machine so that she could get a bag of chips or some skittles.

"Hey, Brooklyn!" someone called out from behind her. When she turned around, she saw Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily sitting together on the floor, assumingly rehearsing for their auditions.

Brooklyn smiled. "Hey! What's up?"

"Practicing," Hanna groaned.

"Hey, you're part of the reason we're doing this, Han," Aria reminded with a light hit to the blonde's knee.

"It's still boring." The girls gently laughed.

"How's it going in there?" Spencer asked, gesturing to the audition room.

"Fifty-fifty. Mona just auditioned."

Spencer nodded. "We know. She just walked past telling us how great her audition went."

"She said Ezra cried," Emily added with a laugh.

"Those weren't because of her audition, they were because he was trying to hold in his laughter. I was making jokes about our childhood." Before any of the girls could reply, the sound of a cane tapping against the floor echoed around the room despite the voices of students that merged together.

"Is Mr. Fitz in the auditorium?" Jenna, a girl that had gone blind due to a tragic accident, asked no one in particular.

"Uh, I'm, uh, right here, Jenna," Ezra informed, moving to stand behind her so that she could hear him better. "What can I do for you?"

"I don't know if you're interested, but I would like to compose some music for the play," Jenna offered.

"Sure. That'd be great. For the flute?"

"Yes. Is there a reason that you picked 'The Bad Seed'? It's one of my favorites. The theme is so inspiring."

"Uh, inspiring?" Ezra repeated questioningly.

Brooklyn turned so that she was facing the other girls. "What sane person finds 'The Bad Seed' inspiring?"

"None of them which explains why Jenna finds it inspiring," Spencer muttered.