chapter one

"Chrollo? Chrollo?" she whispered, sitting next to the man engulfed in his story

"Chrollo? Chrollo?" she whispered, sitting next to the man engulfed in his story. "Chrollo!" she finally yelled, gaining his attention along with some of the other phantom troupe members. Stares were immediately directed the woman's way, soft whispering and harsh scoffs sent her way as she peered from behind the crumpling stone.

"What are you doing outside of your room? I tell you when to come out and when to stay. Last time I checked I didn't tell you to come out berry," Chrollo reprimanded, grabbing her hand and dragging her away.

Ah, the nickname. It was given to me based on the time when I first met Chrollo. He definitely has changed since then.

FLASHBACK

"Sissy! Sissy, I told you mother isn't wanting us to go this far. She told us one simple thing and that was to retrieve the fruits," Y/n called out to her older sister. She was holding her basket filled to the brim with food grown from their garden area.

"Just go back, I will meet you later," Her sister yelled back, continuing to adventure deeper into the forest.

Y/n kept running, trying to keep up with her older sister. Y/n's sister was very fast, it made sense since her nen did allow her to speed things up. Ember was a enhancer and was able to move quicker herself and her items.

Y/n finally rounded the corner, falling upon a view of her sister giggling with a boy. Ember looked like she was very happy and the other boy looked calm, Y/n couldn't say for sure if he was enjoying the time. In his eyes, it shown a neutral expression. But in her sisters you could see complete happiness.

"There you are Ember, why did you leave me?" Y/n walked up to her, leaning on her shoulder.

"You followed me?! You stupid girl, I told you not to!" She scolded her, grabbing her wrist, dragging Y/n to sit next to her. "Listen to the adults,"

"You're not a adult thoug-" Ember smacked the back of her head, hard.

"I'm older than-" Y/n took a strawberry out of the basket and stuck it in her sisters mouth.

"They are really sweet around this time, right?" Y/n popped one into her own mouth. "Would you like one?" She looked to the male, holding out the basket to him, gesturing for him to get some himself.

"U-Um no thank you," He gave Y/n a gentle smile.

"Stop talking to him, I will tell you when to," Ember was flustered, it was clear that she was nervous that Y/n was going to say something to ruin her chances with the male.

"What's your name sweetie?" Chrollo got up from his spot and walked over to where Y/n was sitting, looming over her.

"I-i'm y/n, y/n l/n. I'm Ember's younger sister. I'm only 15,"