chapter two

"What do you want Chrollo, just come in," I sighed watching the man in his leather coat emerge into the bedroom

"Goodbye Pakunoda," He gestured to the door and she quickly got up to leave, she didn't leave without giving me a reassuring look though. "Now it's just the two of us and it's getting late. I think you should change into your pajamas,"

"You can't tell me what to do," I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I understand, but in a way I do," He chuckled. I grabbed my pajamas and made my way to the bathroom while he continued to talk. "Look, I acted out of spite back there and it wasn't exactly the smartest decision. You're twenty now and I agree, you should meet the rest of the troupe,"

I emerged from the bathroom, running to the bed Chrollo was sitting on. "Really? Like you mean I can leave this place when I want and have more friends!" I jumped on the bed.

"Calm down berry, i'm serious. No-"

"Let's go! I need to meet them. Come on Chro-" He grabbed my wrist pulling me back so that I fell into his chest.

"No." He said sternly, pulling me closer to him. "It's late, now isn't a good time. Let's get some rest, i'll brush your hair, go grab the brush like a good girl. If you misbehave I won't step back, I will not let you meet everyone else and give you a punishment," He warned. I quickly moved from his lap, deciding to just give into the man wanting to brush through my locks.

"Why do you like brushing my hair?" I questioned, looking at the man with his hair pulled back. "I could do yours, it looks like you need it," I laughed.

"Your hair is nicer than mine, the way your h/c hair shines in the sunlight, and how it looks so fresh and feels so nice after a shower," He sighed, sitting in a chair in the room beckoning for me to come closer to him.

I sat on my knees facing away from him, while he pulled my hair behind my shoulders and started to brush it. "Maybe you can brush my hair another day, when I'm very tired, that could prove to be helpful,"

"Okay," I murmured. I looked over at my bookshelf, scanning the titles. It was a nightly ritual for Chrollo to read to me, though sometimes he couldn't.

"What book are you feeling like tonight my sweet," He caught my staring. "I recommend that one, to kill a mocking bird,"

"We read that the other night, and a few times before that. Is it one of your favorites?"

"Not exactly, but it is a good read, i'll let you choose tonight my berry. Now i'm finished with your hair so put away the brush and get under the covers," He stood up and offered a hand, helping me off my knees.

"Don't you think i'm a little old for you to brush my hair and read me a bed time story," I chuckled at some of the things Chrollo liked doing.

"I don't think it's childish if we enjoy it, what's wrong with doing something you enjoy? I enjoy stealing so I do it, it brings me happiness. You enjoy being a brat, does that bring you joy?"