Chapter 3. Mommy is a nerd

This not a non-fiction book so the information about amnesia is not going to be accurate and is just for dramatic and entertainment purposes

Lidia

I open my eyes to see a small figure beside me sleeping on a bed. I looked around to see that I was in a hospital room. I looked on the little person beside me after hearing shuffling.

He looks so small and cute. I feel that I have seen him before, but I'm not sure.
"Mama!!" I heard him yell.

At this moment I was shocked.... Then I was like yeah yeah good joke man.

" speak... softer please" I said taking a pause between each word. (her speech has been affected)

 I looked around then back at him and said "uhhh where is your mother" I asked while taking a sip of water that was on the table next to me.

"you dont remember me momma?" He said sniffing.

"Be honest and tell me where is your mom" I said in a serious tone. I don't believe this, how can I have a child. Where am i confused.

As he was about to speak a woman came inside the room.
" Oh my gosh, your awake!!!" Then she engulf me in a hug.

OOOOK, personal space please, what is it with people getting in my personal space?

"Who are you?" She took a step back to look me in the eye and started sobbing.

Before I could ask why she was crying a boy around my age, came in. He was quite handsome. He came in walked up to me and hugged me. " I so happy to your awake"

"Who are you?" He looked at me shocked but not before his stepped back. 

" Do you really not know who I am?" Ok, if he didn't already hear me I'll repeat.

" I'm hundred percent sure I just asked that ques-" before I could finish my statement I was interrupted (again) by a doctor.

" I see your awake. You are temporarily experiencing memory loss it affects your memory with people that triggers strong emotions from you for example anger, happiness, disgust, frustration, nervousness and so on. You'll be able regain your memory after 3 months tops." He continued to speak and I took in everything.

 if i try to remember anything i get headaches.

Two days later

Apparently I met in an accident and was out for a week. The driver wasn't charged but they paid for my hospital bills. Seeing that I was in the wrong for answering my phone while crossing the street.

(Author- I don't now much about law but since this book is not telling a real story then 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷. )

A month later

I haven't been to school because I decided that I wanted to wait until I was fully recovered but I continued to study (a bit) but i have problems remembering things.

I came home from the restaurant after finished visiting ma and pa. Nathan said he was coming over to give me some notes to revise. The doctor said I can study but I might have problems remembering what I'm going through now. fortunately its not a long term thing and ill be back to normal soon.

 If I try to remember anything my head hurts and I'll have to take some medicine to reduce the pain. Then suddenly I remembered something. Jonah is home.

When I entered the house, I went to the living room in search of Tessa and Jonah. I saw them both watching some educational cartoon.

" Tessa please bring Jonah to the park please." She looked up and gave me a questioning look while picking Jonah up bringing him over me.

" Nathan is coming over to give me some notes and he doesn't know who Jonah is." At least not yet, maybe he never will. I don't really trust him. He is still annoying. He normally give me notes to study so that's how he maintain his status by being my tormentor. Though each time he comes it fluctuate sometimes he annoy me and sometimes he doesn't.

Last week after I finished writing the notes I got up and went to the kitchen. He came in and asked me-

" Why don't you just go to school instead of taking my notes?" I went to the fridge took out a box of orange juice and started pouring some in a glass saying
" I'd rather not, I won't feel comfortable being there with so many people. I'll probably have a panic attack. Especially with them talking to or staring at me." I then drank some of the juice.

" Ok then " he then took up a bottle of ketchup and started spewing it on me. I quickly ran out the kitchen, went in my room and change my clothes (I was too lazy to bathe ).

I came down to see him cleaning up the mess he cause. " Why make a mess intentionally". Emphasized the word intentionally the continued saying " Then having to clean it up after? When you could avoid all that excessive work." I asked waiting for a reasonable response.

" It doesn't matter. I'm gonna go now" he passed me them turned and gave me a kiss on the cheek and I was left there surprised.

Flashback over

"Ok Lidia" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Tessa.

" Mama " I picked up Jonah and kissed him on his cheeks.
" You missed mama haven't you?" I still haven't gotten used to him saying that but I had to go with the flow.

" Let's go now" Tessa said pushing Jonah's stroller. I didn't even realize she went for it.

" Ok bye" I waved to them then closed the door.
Ten minutes later I heard a knock on the door. Like what's the purpose of have a doorbell if people are just gonna knock the door.

I knew whoever it is did it on purpose but never the less I got up and open the door.

" What's up honey" he kissed my cheeks and walked in. I don't know why but every time he touched me I felt butterflies in my belly and shivers through my body. I didn't put any thoughts on that and just close the door.

" You know. There is something called a doorbell you know?"

" I do but if it annoys you then I don't mind doing it." I rolled by eyes at his stupidity.

I was walking over to him but slipped on something and fell. But before I reached the floor I put my hands around my head to protect it ( in a way).

After which darkness took over my sight, but not before hearing Nathan calling out my name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote, comment and share.

Let's find out what happens together in the next chapter. Bye lovelies 👋👋