Original Version

It was now morning in Ponyville and Applejack and Spike were having a conversation. This was all happening after Applejack saved Spike's life and he decided to repay her, but unfortunately... "I'm sorry, Spike, but I can't take yer offer!" Applejack said, refusing to take his offer. "But, Applejack! You saved my life! And according to the dragon code, I owe you. Please! It's really important to me!" Spike pleaded. "I understand that, but I can't take yer offer, 'cause ya already own to somepony else!" Applejack said. "Really?" Spike asked. "Of course! Just think about it, sugarcube!" Applejack said. Spike listened as she spoke. "Who is that somepony, who saved ya from being alone? Who really cares about ya and who is always there if ya need the most? Because of her, there is a place ya can call home. And not just that, a family." Spike thought for a second. "I never really thought about this. You are absolutely right!" he said. He began to walk out. "Thanks, Applejack! If you excuse me, there is something that I need to do." Applejack smiled. "Yer welcome!" she said.

Spike walked through Ponyville until he reached Twilight's house. Taking a deep breath, he went inside. "Twilight?" he called out. "Yes?" Twilight answered. "Do you have a minute?" Spike asked. "Sure! What is it, Spike?" Twilight asked. Spike didn't say anything, but Twilight saw a few tears forming in his eyes, making her concerned. Overcome with emotion, Spike ran over to Twilight and hugged her, tears running down his cheeks. Twilight wrapped one of her hooves around him. "Spike... What's wrong?" she asked. "I'm just... So glad that I have you..." Spike said. Deeply touched, Twilight smiled and wrapped both of her hooves around Spike as tears fell from her own eyes. And so the two embraced each other for awhile.