Inside Out Version

It was now nighttime in Headquarters and Disgust and Sadness were having a conversation in the living room. Disgust was wearing her normal green dress, while Sadness was still in her slightly gray sweater. This was all happening after Disgust helped Sadness with the console and she decided to repay her, but unfortunately... "I'm sorry, Sadness, but I can't take your offer!" Disgust said, refusing to take her offer. "But, Disgust! You helped me with the console! And according to the teardrop code, I owe you. Please! It's really important to me!" Sadness pleaded. "I understand that, but I can't take your offer, because you already own to someone else!" Disgust said. "Really?" Sadness asked. "Of course! Just think about it!" Disgust said. Sadness listened as she spoke. "Who is that someone, who saved you from being alone? Who really cares about you and who is always there if you need the most? Because of her, there is a place you can call home. And not just that, a family." Sadness thought for a second. "I never really thought about this. You are absolutely right!" she said. She began to walk out. "Thanks, Disgust! If you excuse me, there is something that I need to do." Disgust smiled. "You're welcome!" she said.

Sadness walked through Headquarters until she reached Joy's room. Taking a deep breath, she went inside. "Joy?" she called out. "Yes?" Joy answered, who was wearing her yellow dress. "Do you have a minute?" Sadness asked. "Sure! What is it, Sadness?" Joy asked. Sadness didn't say anything, but Joy saw a few tears forming in her eyes, making her concerned. Overcome with emotion, Sadness ran over to Joy and hugged her, tears running down her cheeks. Joy wrapped one of her arms around her. "Sadness... What's wrong?" she asked. "I'm just... So glad that I have you..." Sadness said. Deeply touched, Joy smiled and wrapped both of her arms around Sadness as tears fell from her own eyes. And so the two embraced each other for awhile.