1. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬

Skye's pov

Beep Beep Beep........

The clock started making sounds as it was already 1.00 pm. The school bell rings long indicating that it was lunch break.A long group of students entered the school canteen.

I work in the school canteen near my apartment. My parents died when i was ten and my grandma was the one who looked after me. Unfortunately, she died two months ago leaving me alone. Again!

I completed my studies with scholarships as i was great in studies. Life was always miserable for me. But as we all know friends are the only one that makes me happy now.

My besties or soul sisters Ashley and Olivia makes my day. It was my dream to become a wedding planner because I'm very optimistic who believes in love and marriage, which will happen when it should happen.But fate played with me again and I'm doing a completely opposite Job.

"Miss skye, Good after noon. What do we have today?"A nerdy kid asked me as i approached his desk to serve the lunch.

"Good afternoon. Today we have...... Lasagna, chicken wings, pumpkin, spice latte and eclairs."i said sarcastically.

"Are you kidding me?" He made faces. While i served the dollops of smashed potatoes and beans.

"Unfortunately yes. c'mon don't be such a sob, It's not the end of the world."i said feeling irritated.

"Ahem"!!!!!! The canteen supervisor startled me from behind.

"How many times do i have to remind you to smile and be gentle with kids? He scolded me.

I rolled my eyes and started walking to next table with a fake smile plastered on my face. I ended up hurting my cheeks as i spend the whole hour fake smiling.

It was already 3.15 and the coast seems clear. The supervisor is nowhere to be seen. Yes. This my chance!

"Hey skye where are you going?"my co worker jenny asked me.

"This lunch lady is off to have a well deserved snooze."i smiled at her.

"Uh... Skye we're still on duty, remember. She warned me.

"Ohh...we're not machines, we're also humans. Besides a little break never hurts any one."I suggested and found a comfortable spot in the corner of the kitchen.

I scroll through my social media and came across Regina's holiday pictures. She is my so called friend and lives in neighbourhood.

I messaged her asking about it. But she doesn't reply but she has read it. The blue tick says so.

"How typical of her."i exclaimed..

"Same goes for you too. Slacker."once again the supervisor startles me and i stand in attention position without moving.

"What have i said about using mobile phones during duty time?"

"I-i wasn't using.... I mean- i just" i started shuttering.

"Clear the tables... NOW!!!!! He shouted and i sprinted into acting after putting my phone back.

Time went away. And it was time to go back home.I pulled my leather jacket tighter as the newyork city's cold air hit me. I started walking to my apartment as it was not so far from the school.

I reached my apartment in 10 minutes. I took out my key to the door and went inside. I plopped down at my couch. I was exhausted. My apartment was not so elegant and rich. It was simple yet beautiful.

I got to give myself some slack. I lie down on the couch to take a nap. After a hour or so i woke up and decided to take a shower.

After shower i came to kitchen and made a sandwich. I did the household chores like cleaning, washing the dirty clothes etc.

I did my dinner and went to my bedroom. I certainly need more rest.

As i unwind the bed, my phone beeps. It was a message from Regina.

Regina☠️

Heya... Sorry i couldn't reply earlier. I was feeding penguins at the resort.

Aww.. You're one lucky girl! Did your old man leave you for his will?

Lol!i wish he did.... But it's an expense paid by the company iam working for.

No way?! Seriously.... Who are you working
for?

Humans?!😂

Shoot... My phone is low on battery. Talk to you later.

I evoke the Sherlock inside me and decided to investigate. I reached for my laptop in the nightstand and opened it.

After checking in her social medias i found that she has been working for a wedding planning company called Aphrodite.

I always get chills thinking about a wedding planner job. But never get an opportunity to work.

Thinking about it i went to bed and laid down. I wonder what the next day will bring for me.!!!!!

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️