Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ah yes, a cookie selling gorgon.

'Eh!?'

Percy opened his eyes, the last thing he remembered was... Wait, what was the last thing he remembered?

Well, nothing mattered now as his instincts immediately flared up and sidestepping to reveal a large talon where he stood, mere moments ago. Tracing the talon along the arm and back to the owner, Percy was met with an otherwise normal-looking lady holding a tray of cookies wearing an employee dress.

"Hello boy! Would you like some cookies?"

Another woman who looked quite similar to the first, wearing the same dress, appeared behind the first. She had a smile that could somewhat be called... passive-aggressive. Though, leaning far more to the aggressive side.

Bam!

The events of the past couple of days came slamming into Percy just as the woman who stood behind the one with the tray suddenly came, clawing viciously at him.

Ah that right, Percy had woken up at a place called the 'Wolf House' with no memories of anything prior. Apparently, he was the child of a god and a human and therefore needed a test. Well that was what this giant wolf goddess named Lupa told him. She had also told him to head towards the San Francisco Bay area after deeming him 'worthy' with the test.

Not really a test as it was a battle to the death. Yes, a battle to the death with an unarmed man and a giant immortal wolf. Seems legit.

Luckily, by habit, one that Percy had no idea where it came from, he reached into his pocket and uncapped a bronze pen. Percy did not question where the pen came from or why it was in his pocket but he felt immensely grateful the moment he uncapped it.

Anaklusmos, the three-foot bronze sword showed itself once again.

Percy then charged towards the wolf goddess with skilled footwork and practiced thrusts. Inevitably, as he was facing a god, he ended up getting slashed by one of her claws that rested at the ends of the wolf's muscled limbs.

Percy reflexively raised his sword to block the hit, where the reflexes came from, he had no idea, but the power from Lupa's slash easily crushed his defences and came in contact with his chest.

Yet instead of deep red marks being engraved on Percy's chest, it was Lupa who leaped back and slightly winced at the sensation on her paw. As she recovered, she walked back up to Percy with a composed aura, no longer releasing bloodlust.

She had apologized for suddenly getting serious then said something about Percy being worthy if he had swum in 'that' river. Most of her words flew in and out of Percy's bain, the only he caught onto after Lupa (figuratively) kicked him out of the Wolf House were the instructions.

Well along the way he met the Bargain Mart employees. Every time Percy cut them with his sword, they dissipated into gold dust but not long before they reassembled themselves yet again. What the hell were they anyway? Actually, what was Percy himself? The various attempts that the employees had made at him with their claws were only bounced back like they had hit steel.

These questions ran around in his head just as fast as he ran away from the employees, all the while heading to the place where the wolf told him to go. And why was he listening to a talking wolf exactly, Percy questioned himself more but it's not like he had anything else to do seeing as he had amnesia.

Stuck in a stalemate of neither side being able to incapacitate the other, Percy inched his way towards the San Francisco Bay area, constantly chased by the employees.