Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Beauty is only skin deep... or so they say...

(A/N) I was originally intending for this to be a side story but things usually don't go my way when I write so now it is a full chapter. Please forgive me or any parts that may seem rushed.

~mooncake

---

This had gotten sorted out quite well after Chiron had arrived. Most of the demigods had stuffed their faces prior to the arrival of the Tempestians at the dining pavilion. It did take a while but Chiron managed to finish his rather lengthy explanation of how the magic system on earth works. Milim, Shion, Diablo and Ranga listened quite avidly when Chiron had gotten onto the topic of the different monsters that the half-bloods fought.

'Hmmm, so dumping a part of their food into the fire is like a sacrifice to their respective godly parents,' Rimuru thought while sipping a cup of tea as he watched the rest of the Tempestians conversed with the demigods and got more familiar with each other.

Rimuru made sure to keep an eye out to prevent any of his more loose-lipped friends from spilling any important information on Tempest and the Cardinal World in general. Surprisingly, even Ramiris and Veldora had forgotten about the tension from earlier and began returning to their normal happy-go-lucky selves.

Rimuru still couldn't be quite sure though. Better safe than sorry when it came to those two so he kept a closer eye on them.

Turning away from where Ramiris and Veldora were boasting about their power, Rimuru now watched as Will and Chiron conversed along with Annabeth, was it? By their side, simply nodding.

He was currently in what the demigods called the Big House, something like a conference room with a relaxed aura Rimuru had concluded.

Along with Annabeth and Will, there were several other campers listening in on the conversation. They seemed to be a bit older than most of the other campers, leaders maybe?

Unfortunately the tomboy who had argued with Diablo was also there, Clarisse if Rimuru caught her name right. She spent most of the time trying to stare Rimuru down with a not-so inconspicuous scowl on her face. Most of the other half-bloods ignored her.

'Huh, so these kinds of people are everywhere, even in different worlds. Guess anger issues can't easily be changed.' Rimuru thought with a smirk inside, careful to not let Clarisse see.

Suddenly, the shadow under Chiron stretched out and a boy stepped out. Rimuru almost, almost spat out his tea in surprise. Sure he felt a presence approaching but he certainly did not expert something like [Shadow Step] to be used.

The boy gave off a vibe that was somewhat like Venom. His eyebags could also rival that of the demon's.

'Ciel, what was that just now?'

[The children of the gods here can inherit a certain portion of their parent's power. That power is usually an indication of who their godly parent is.]

'That's interesting. So do you know? Also! Was that some kind of a skill or an ability?'

[It seems that it leans more towards something between an intrinsic skill and an ability. They are born with these powers as a part of them. As for the first question, after analysing the residual magicules around the boy, I found that it is similar to the aura that the ground here emits.]

'So, do you have a list of the names?' Rimuru honestly did not expect Ciel to be so knowledgeable about another world on their first visit. Well, second actually but it wasn't like they cared to notice the first time.