Chapter 8: Crossroad

Kei POV

"No no no, I'm fine!" Dropping the oyster on the tray, I waved both my hands to Shiina-san.

"Are you sure?" Shiina-san tilted her head.

"Seriously! I'm totally fine! Never have been better, I would say! Ha ha ha ha..."

Ha ha ha ha...yeah...never have been better seeing the man you love literally getting on with another girl...ha ha ha ha...

"Kairuzawa-san, who is she?"

After listening to my friends' questioning, Shiina-san perked up her eyes.

"Sorry..." Shiina-san apologized, lowering her head a bit. "Perhaps my presence here interrupted you?"

Yes! I mean...

"No, not at all!" I quickly gulped back my infuriation.

Despite my self-awareness of my own jealousy, I can't really blame it on Shiina-san. I don't know what Kiyotaka said that made her cry, nor why he did...that...but I'm certain here that Shinna-san had her own concern over Kiyotaka as well.

And knowing that guy, that concern of hers is probably calculated within Kiyotaka's plot as well, so yes...I can't really blame her for being literally played with...can I?

"So what matters do you have with me, Shiina-san?" I asked.

Shiina-san sighed, possibly in relief of my answer.

"I'm sorry for taking the time here to concern you of such matters, but..." Shiina-san looked to the ticket machines.

"Can you please take some time after you finished your lunch to meet me at the ticket machine? I have some requests of mine that I wish you can listen to."

...requests?

"No problem!" I answered. "Just a few more minutes and I'll be there. You can wait there first!"

"Thank you," Shiina-san did a little bow in appreciation.

As she was bowing, I noted the elegance she had just by that little gesture. Come to think of it, Shiina-san, I've heard, is a member of Tea-ceremony Club as well, but to think that even her manners contain the same grace outside of the club...

I wouldn't be surprised if Kiyotaka is actually attracted by this trait of hers as well...but I'm still not so sure what he's after with Shiina-san really...

As Shiina-san was leaving, I looked around the canteen, only to notice Kiyotaka is now nowhere to be found.

I sighed. That guy...at least give me some instructions this time...how am I supposed to deal with this on my own...

I picked up the oyster I dropped, my swirling anger is now all but gone, only to be replaced with thoughts after thoughts of ways to respond to Shiina-san.

Right now...it's not the time to panic. First, I need to half-predict the request that may come from her. Then after this, maybe I'll ask Kiyotaka what he's really plotting as the school ends.

"...seriously," I cracked open the oyster. "What a pain..."

----------

After finishing my lunch, I dismissed my friends and walked up to Shiina-san, with her standing by the ticket machine.

"So, what's that request you're asking for?"

"..."

"..."

As I asked, Shiina-san is only staring at me, looking as if she was puzzling over something.

"Um...hello?"