first encounters pt.1

*(shota's POV)*

I walked down the empty school corridor, my footsteps echoing around me. Early morning sunshine trickled through the large windows, and the gentle beat of some distance song played. 

I had made it. I had passed the entrance exam with flying colours. 

And now I couldn't even walk down a fucking corridor.

I sighed, and turned myself to face the door.

it. was. huge. Like, not the zero pointers in the exam type huge, but still pretty big. I guess they had to accommodate for all body types. I steeled my nerves, cleared my face of any possible emotions, and pushed the door open.

Immediately, an explosion of noise and colour slapped me in the face like a stun grenade. There was no adult at the front, so I just assumed the teacher was tardy and looked around for my desk. Nobody had noticed me yet, thank fuck, but then again hardly anyone ever did. However, once my eyes had settled on the only empty desk (which I assumed was mine) I noticed someone staring at me. It was a green-eyed boy, whose hair was spiked up with more gel than I believed was humanely possible. 

He looked like a bird. Like a fucking cockatoo.

I felt the corners of my mouth start to turn upwards, so I quickly feigned a yawn and shuffled to my desk. I didn't want him getting the wrong idea. I could feel his eyes on me even as I placed my pencil case out on the table. "what's with him?" I wondered, irritated. After a few minutes of him staring, I had finally had enough. "stop staring at me. It's fucking creepy,". 

His slightly tanned face turned a light shade of pink. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to stare, I was just wondering what your name was!" he grinned.

I sighed. I hadn't planned on any social interaction, but it would be rude to ignore him, and my reputation was already below ground level. Not that I cared.

"Shota Aizawa," I yawned. I placed my head on the desk, looking straight at him."and you?"

"Hizashi Yamada," he beamed a huge smile before turning back around and rejoining whatever conversation he previously left.

His face imprinted on my mind. His small ears, that massive grin, and a pair of orange tinted glasses...

Before I knew it, I was abruptly awoken by a man's voice shouting at the class. 'ah,' I thought, 'this must be the teacher,' I lifted my head up, ignoring the slight vertigo, and concentrated on the adult on the small podium at the front. It was non other than Gran Torino, the air-jet hero! 

It wasn't very often that I got truly exited for something, but I could already tell that this year was going to be....interesting.

A/N- I know this was a short chapter, but I figured that this was the best place to end. Have an ace day, wherever you are <3