hands

Today felt different, nothing had really drastically changed except your thoughts, especially about someone

It was your last lesson of the day and your emotions had really gotten the better of you, you had a really shitty day today and you wanted nothing better than to go back to your dorm and to sleep it off.

But right now, you couldn't exactly do that, you were sitting in potions at the back of the class, a clear empty page of parchment sat in front of you with a pot of ink just next to it. You hadn't used your quill the entire lesson, instead you completely zoned out, your eyes wandered to the professor.

Professor Severus Snape was stood at the front of the class, lecturing on about a skilled potion that you would be making next lesson, his wand in hand, waving it subtlety as he spoke, the class was of course as silent as you could possible imagine, terrified to speak or to make even a single sound in front of him in fear of being humiliated.

Eyes flickering to his hands you watched his fingers wrap around his dark wood wand, you always had an interest in hands, different sizes, shapes and lengths, you had taken an art class in the muggle world, and it was quite beautiful that you started practicing in your free time and frankly, you were beginning to become quite talented.

Picking up your quill for the very first time this lesson you straightened your parchment and dipped it in ink.

Your eyes carefully looking back up towards Snape's hand which was in the same position as before, you almost studied it before taking your quill and pressing into your parchment, quickly tracing out and marking the proportion sizes, next you found yourself leaving construction marks from the start of his wrist to the end of his fingers.

As the lesson went on you felt yourself devoted to this single piece, you had sketched the way the cuffs of his sleeves slightly overlapped his palm, the way the creases of his fingers wrapped around his wand.

'I will expect every single one of you, to complete this task with high marks.' Snape continued, boring and petrifying all his students.

It was the 7th year at Hogwarts School and people were still scared of the man, except you, you were never really intimidated by the tall dark haired man, in fact you hadn't really got the chance to speak to him, but lately your potion classes had hit different now that you had grew older. You recognised things that you didn't know before, like the way his eyes flickered in every single student, how he was so keen on eye contact, how he make sure his voice mumbled and buried its way into student minds.

So in depth with you art piece you hadn't noticed that the class was clearing up to leave, standing up from you stool you quickly froze still as you name was heard from the lips of the teacher. People had already began to leave the classroom, leaving you practically empty with Snape inside.

Eyes glimpsing at his you watched as he slowly made his way to the back of the class, his cloak blowing behind him slightly, but right now, you understood why people felt intimidated by him, his confidence oozing off his body..

As quickly and quietly as you could you pinched the drawn on parchment with the tips of your fingers, attempting to pull it off the table before Snape could arrive.

But he was even smarter and wittier than he looked, he was directly in front of you and the eye contact was strong, but as he looked down to your hands he snatched your wrist, fingers wrapping around them harshly as he pulled you arm up, dragging the flowing parchment with it.

'Doodling in class?' His eyebrow was raised shortly as his voice did not at all seem happy or impressed, taking the parchment from your fingers he pulled it away from you and to himself, studying it shortly before flicking his eyes harshly on yours.

He definitely noticed that you had been drawing his hands the entirety of this lesson, you didn't know if he was at least flustered or furious.
The class was now completely empty, the door echoing at it shut behind the last student.

Oh crap.

You found yourself smiling subtlety, it tugging at the end of your lips, you couldn't help wanting to laugh in the most serious of times, and Snape could clearly sense it.

'Something funny?' His voice could murder someone in the stop it was that dangerous, it was cold and angry, you could hear the frustration radiating off him.

You shook your head slowly, biting the inside of your cheek, holding in your smile as best as you could, you had to look away from him, his stare was getting too heated that you couldn't really take it anymore.

'No doubt you will be receiving two detentions, one for drawing, two for snickering right in front of me.' He spoke firmly.

'Do you like it?' You asked.

Snape froze for a moment or too, building his answer within his mind before turning on his feet and to his office in the back room, the parchment still clasped in his hands.

'I think it looks awful.' His louder voice boomed with disgust before entering his office, the door slamming shut behind him.

Your quiet laughs of shock erupted, slapping your hand over your mouth your eyes creased in laughter, you couldn't contain yourself.

As you collected the rest of your things you exited the class, giggling on your way out.

Least he was honest.