cuddles in the rain

Everything right now was perfect

Everything right now was perfect. So perfect that you forced yourself to not move an inch, you worried that if you moved even the slightest position everything would stop, stop and go back to reality, go back to the everyday life, but right now, this was rare, for both of you.

Severus and you sat laid in his bed, draped together as one, your back sat against his chest as your arms softly intertwined with each other's, the sheets laid other you both, the thin velvety sheets. Light rain was heard outside his window, it fell against the glass so lightly you wondered if it was actually there, candles were lit on every table, every cabinet that Severus owned, he did enjoy candles and so did you.

You never got to do this with him, he was always too busy, or running errands, but this early morning he was free, nothing in his schedule today, so you were sure to make the most out of it.

His shallow soft breathes gave you the comfort of one hundred hugs, your head was rested on his lower shoulder right under his head which retuned the favour by also resting his chin very lightly on yours.

Your heart beat in sync with his own as the two of you enjoyed the silence, the silence was what made the moment whole, no need to speak or to say anything.

Severus's fingers were crossed with your small ones, as you fiddled endlessly with them, stroking the palm of his hand with your thumb, your eyes were closed, smiling to yourself every once in a while.

Even sometimes Severus leant his head down to nestle it into the side of your face, with his eyes also closed you both enjoyed the moment of quiet, the rain hitting against the windows as the candles flickered with flames...

You felt whole with him. And he felt complete with you.