~ chapter two ~

the next morning, I awoke to the beams of natural lighting shining through my window. 

the faint aroma of french toast on the stove made its way into the attic. as I came downstairs, foster mother greeted me cheerfully, "good morning Nora!" she spoke with energy, "the usual?" I nodded as I walked outside the apartment to get the mail. 

while walking towards the mailbox, I saw Isabelle outside as well. "morning Nora," she smiled as she waves to me.
"good morning, Izzy." I gave the slightest wave before she walked into her apartment. looking through the mail, I saw something address to me. 

I placed the rest of the mail on the kitchen counter. I took mine upstairs to read, assuming it was from my social worker, Charlie, probably relocating myself, once again. 

I opened the letter, realizing it wasn't from Charlie, it had been sighed from a completely different person. I knew this as soon as I flipped the envelope revealing a wax seal, no one used wax seals anymore. 

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

to the parent or whomever, it concerns,

I hope this letter finds you in great safety, unlike your daughter. I'm formally known as Headmaster Maximillian Dunsky. 

I'm writing to inform you that your Elenora-Elise, is needed to appear at the Academy of the Crown Lake effective immediately. she is to leave her currently resided household as soon as possible. 

a great danger lurks in finding her, ways I cannot even begin to explain. I can assure you that I do have the credentials to house her and many other students. I'm qualified, having experience with children from ages of three to eighteen. 

I've created this academy for those who are beyond the ordinary, those like her. if you wish the safety of your daughter, you will follow my instructions carefully as it is very important. 

there will be a carriage once you read this letter with the designated time. off of Sphere Street, will be the carriage waiting for her. you aren't permitted to come with her, she will be perfectly safe at my academy. 

questions about contacting will answered with writing back. she's allowed to bring essential items; however certain items will not appear at the academy though she brought them. 

a list is attached to this letter along with a few other things permitting the things she can bring.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

 I folded the letter and placed it on the farthest edge of my desk. I couldn't decide if I wanted to laugh or wonder about the endless, fantasy possibilities. 

if you could use one word to describe my lifestyle, it would've been 'ordinary', because there's nothing particularly 'supernatural' about me. 

I sat at my desk, put my headphones on and sighed as my curiosity overflowed my mind like always. it could've been a prank, but I haven't told many people about my full-name, Elenora-Elise. 

I normally just ask them to call me Nora, from Elenora. I learned from an immature age, stating your first-two-names for an impression is the simplest way to force others to harass you because of it. 

"Nora!" Josh yelled opening my door without knocking and somehow, I didn't flinch the slightest.
"did you need something?" I asked continuing whatever I was doing as if it was normal for it to happen.