f i v e

...

    NIKITA HAD WOKEN UP EARLY FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE

NIKITA HAD WOKEN UP EARLY FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE. The 17-year old had gotten a decent sleep the previous night, which was something that normally didn't come easy for her. As she sat up in her bed, she rolled her shoulders. She immediately felt the leather jacket brush up against them and her eyes widened. Shit, she forgot to give Reggie his jacket back before she fell asleep.

The curly haired female was quick to push herself off from her bed, almost falling in the process of doing so as her foot got caught up in the comforters.

Immediately, she began getting ready for the day ahead of her. She made her way to her closet, skimming through her clothes before managing to pick out an ok outfit. The outfit consisted of a baggy long sleeve black sweater with a plain grey shirt-sleeve shirt on top of it. It was tucked in the hem of her knee-ripped black jeans accompanied by a pair of red converse and Reggies leather jacket. (Up above).

Tugging on the last red converse, she was quick to go fix the mess that she called her curls. After a lot of minutes tousling with the dark curls she adorned from her mother, she managed to braid her hair into two Dutch braids.

She smiled to herself as she moved from her vanity and closet to her bed once more. Seeing as her homework and work was still scattered across the bed she had slept in that night, she rounded up all her papers and messily threw them into the black back on the ground. She swung the bag over her back before scanning the room for her guitar. When catching eyes on the black case that held the acoustic instrument, she was quick to grab that and her phone before heading out.

Okay so maybe she hadn't woken up that early, and maybe she still did have to rush. She was driving Flynn and Julie to school that morning anyway so the three girls could stop and get coffee.

As she made her way outside to start up her truck, her position stiffened when she heard the sound of a piano coming from the studio. Instantly her eyes widened and she changed her course to walk to the studio. What made her heart stop was the sound of Julies voice radiating everywhere.

A smile made its way to her face. She was singing again. For the first time since their mother died, her baby sister was singing again. She was quick to scan the surroundings for her friends or family before spotting the boy poofing out in front of the studio. Instantly, her eyes widened and she was quick to walk towards them.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel-good moment that you think it is. All right?" She heard Luke get out, moving his hands dramatically as he spoke. Okay she had to give him credit, he wasn't that wrong but Julie still needed a hug from someone.

"You know what? I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when people cry," Alex pointed an accusatory finger at his bestfriend, "I should know! I cried in a room for 25 years and I didn't get a single hug from either of you!" He whines out, now pointing a finger at Reggie before pointing a finger at the ground.