𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐭

HEY, IT BEEN A WHILE HUH?

"Mordecai? Rigby? what are you guys doing here?" (Name), asked as she noticed her two newfound friends walking towards her. She watched them as they both took a seat opposite her.

"Nothing much, just taking a break. We would've gone to the coffee shop like we always do but it was really packed today." Mordecai took a sip of the water a waiter had placed in front of him as soon as he finished talking. (Name) smiled slightly at them then turned to the waiter who brought in her food. "Ah, thanks a bunch!" She waved off the waiter who stood staring at her a slight blush adorning his face. After she had left she turned to see Mordecai and Rigby both eyeing her sandwich. She giggled which caused the boys to look up at her, both blushing as they had been caught checking her food out.

"Do you guys want one? My treat!" (Name) could've sworn she saw little stars and hearts dancing around them as their eyes sparkled in joy ad they nodded rapidly as if agreeing with them their stomachs rumbled with joy. She smiled at their cuteness as he raised her hand to signal a waiter. "Can I get two more orders of the grilled cheese deluxe? thank you!"

As soon as the waiter left she turned toward both boys, who turned to look at her as well. (Name) tilted her head slightly to the side as she looked at the boys. "I just realized. I don't really know you, besides your names and work that is..so tell me about yourselves!"

The trio had spent the rest of the afternoon talking, eating, and getting to know each other, with occasional giggles here and there from(Name) when one of them said a bad joke. "Hahaha! That really happened!? I can't believe you guys sent Skips to the moon!" (Name) continued to laugh uncontrollably and the stories the boys told her. "Wow, sound like you guys went on a lot of adventures together huh, Too bad I wasn't here to witness it first hand." Mordecai lightly chucked and scratched the back of his head. "I'm not too sure about that. Sure they were pretty cool but most of them were for pretty dumb reasons and Mostly Rigby's fault. It's no wonder Benson gets annoyed, with the number of times we get in trouble and mess stuff up, we wouldn't be surprised if you get annoyed." He finished with a light awkward chuckle, as he looked up at the to see her reaction.

But all she did was smile, a beautiful pure smile. "It doesn't matter what the reason was, what matters is that in the end you guys fixed it and you had all your friends to help and support you, right? I'm sure that beneath all that grump, strictness, and moodiness, Benson really cares for you guys. Maybe that's even why he hasn't fired you yet!" They all laughed together as she continued to listen to the stories that were now being narrated by Rigby. "Yeah and then Mordecai and Margret-oof!" Rigby winced and rubbed his now aching arm after Mordecai had elbowed him. "What the heck man!?Why'd you do that?" But Mordecai had just stayed silent and looked at the table suddenly finding it interesting. (Name) looked totally lost. why'd he get punched? why did he punch him? what time is it? All these questions circled her mind as she looked at the boys whose interest stilled remained on the table.

"Who's Margaret? A friend of yours or something?" A moment of silence passed as the question lingered in the air. She looked towards Mordecai who didn't meet her eyes, then turned back to Rigby, eyes pleading at him to answer her. "Yeah, she works at the coffee shop we always go to. She's closer to Mordecai than she is to me though." It took a while but she finally processed what she was just told. "So why'd you punch him, if she's a friend then it shouldn't be a big deal right?" She turned her attention to Mordecai who finally looked at her, cheeks slight flush as she awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "It's...complicated.." (Name) narrowed her eyes as she inspected the boy. Gone silent a the mention of the girl's name, flushed face, awkward gestures, it's complicated...

A sly smirk graced her cherry lips and she leaned her head into the palm of her hand. " I see what's going on here Mordecai~ there's no need to feel shy about your crush around me, I'll support you 100%! So tell me what's your ship name?" Rigby had started to laugh loudly to the point of other customers looking their way and Mordecai just had a shocked expression on his face. How was it so easy to read his feelings like that. Normally he would be fine talking about Margaret to anyone , but for some reason, he didn't want (Name) to know. He didn't want her to support his crush on Margaret. He wanted her to be against it. But fir what reason

"....ret?" He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw her looking at him In question like she was waiting for him to answer her. "Sorry, what did you say, kinda space out for a moment. He chucked while Rigby shook his head in disappointment. (Name) huffed in annoyance at the uninterested male and sighed, repeating herself. "I said, If I'm gonna support you I need to get to know her first. So can I meet Margaret?"...

It was in that moment he knew he f- "Say What!?"

____________________________________

HEY GUYS! IM SORRY!! I KNOW I SAID I WOULD POST LIKE...A WEEK AGO BUUUUUT! I had exams that week soooo, didn't want to fill up my plate will these two things and I'm in grade 11 so it's kinda important that I pass!

YEAHHH SO MY EXAMS FINISHED 2 DAYS AGO! HOORAY IM A FREE CHILD NOW!! I didn't update on Wed, cause I wanted to relax and celebrate_ I didn't end up doing that all I did was play Genshin Impact cause I haven't been playing it for soooo looong! MaH gAd! (who else plays Genshin impact by the way?)- yeah so and I actually wasn't gonna update today cause I had school, BuT I changed my mind and stayed loyal and so your update was born, and I'm going to school tmr, so there might not be an update... TwT

Anyways guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter I'll be sure to definitely updated it more frequently!

YeAh So IlL sEe YoU GUyS In tHE nExT ChApTeR!!!

bAiIiIi!