Chapter 7

Lauren's POV

I sit up so quickly that I almost give myself a whiplash. I could've sworn I heard something outside. I drowsily get up and head for the window. As I look down I can't help but let out a scream. "Shit" I yell. Scott sits up. "Are you all good babe?" he asks. "Oh no no no no no" I say repeating myself. I race and put on my jumper and ugg boots. "No no no no no" I race through the door and out into the foyer, leaving Scott in a whole heap of confusion. I race to the scene. A bashed up car, my old car. It's Bobby's car. I try to get closer but the police push me back. "Wait you don't understand, I know this person please let me get closer" I yell. I glance back at the car and see the 3 year old tiny LaurenzSide sticker that we accidently stuck onto the inside of the passenger door. "Look, look at the sticker. It's me! Please let me see him". One of the cops turn around and looks at the sticker. He looks back around and nods his head. They let me past. I hear Scott come up behind me. "Lauren what the hell are you doing?" he yells. I ignore it and run over to the car. I look high and low all over for some sort of reasoning to this. I continue to look until a paramedic comes over and talks to me. "Ma'am there was an accident, from what we have heard from the witnesses a truck came out of nowhere and rammed into the car. The driver was not breathing but we managed to do CPR and get a slight pulse. Do you know this man?". I can feel myself go pale. "Yeah he is my ex, his name is Bobby Weber" I say. I feel my head go dizzy. "Ma'am are you ok, you look sick". I feel so weak and start to lose my balance. Scott races past the police and catches me just as I fall. I hold my head. "She'll be ok, we had a really busy night last night" he says. The paramedic nods and then leaves. Scott picks me up and takes me back to the room and lays me on the bed.

I wake up several hours later feeling sick, dizzy and cold. I look up and see Scott on the phone. "Alright thank you, I'll make sure to tell her when she wakes up" I hear him say. The phone hangs up. "Oh you're awake, I have some news" I immediately know what it's going to be about. "Lauren" he sits down and holds my hand. "I got a call from the hospital, Bobby passed away about 20 minutes ago". The whole world stops. This cannot be true...